Files aren't importing into Sonarr after download

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.9.1549 - 2022-08-07 - main
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs: ??
Description of issue:

I’ve been using Sonarr with SABnzbd for years on a Raspberry Pi4. It’s always worked flawlessly.As of few days ago, Sonarr (and Radarr) have stopped auto-importing files after SAB has finished downloading them. I have no idea what the issue might be or how to go about trouble shooting this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Best regards,
Andrew

1 Like

On Jan 30th both multimedia/libmediainfo and multimedia/mediainfo were upgraded to new minor versions. When that happened and I restarted Sonarr I got an error on the Sonarr Heath page saying "MediaInfo_New assembly: type: member:(null)”

So it would download the media and it would just sit there in a completed state and not import. To resolve this I downgraded both libraries to the October version. Im not sure which one is causing the problem I can update each one to see but I was too lazy. After downgrading the libs Sonarr worked just fine. Prior to downgrading I did a full rebuild, clearing out the cache and config files but the problem still persisted, only fix was to use older libraries. You can probably downgrade to the prior version of the libraries but I couldn’t find them, I used portdowngrade and it only showed the October versions.

Hello adubz,

Thank you for your comment. I’d be happy to try this - sadly, I have no clue how to downgrade the libraries… Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Andrew

I am having this issue as well. Started a week or two ago, how do we downgrade those libraries?

Not a solution but a cumbersome workaround:

… I had resorted to copying the downloaded files over manually, which is terrible. In the meantime, I’ve realised that ‘Wanted’ option in Sonarr’s left-hand vertical menu has a button labelled ‘manual import’. Pointing to the folder where the downloads are allows Sonarr to find the files and it recognises them flawlessly. Clicking on import odes exactly what you would expect the software to do on its own… The same applies to Radarr…

Hello!!

Does anyone know why manually importing works exactly as expected but automatic imports don’t?

I’m happy to provide logs etc., if this is of any use for trouble shooting.

Best regards,
Andrew

Has anyone been able to reproduce or resolve this issue? I still have to do manual imports on a daily bases…

There haven’t been any additional comments on this and I’m still manually importing all my media after downloads appear.

Can you describe how to downgrade the libraries you referenced or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

At this point the issue has been remediated with the libmediainfo libraries. I am using FreeBSD so I just updated my ports after the maintainer of the libmediainfo libraries corrected the upstream issue. I’m not sure what you are using but essentially you need to update to the newest libraries.

Regular upgrading should work but if you need to manually update your ports then deinstall the following 3 ports and reinstall them. Just make sure you are using the newest ones and not the quarterly release. Check the below pages for the current version if you are on FreeBSD. If you are you some other OS then I am not sure how to assist.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.