Fatal Lockup on Ubuntu - 100% CPU usage and "address already in use"

A single file would be best so it doesn’t need to be stitched together and console error should have minimal lines. Not sure if you can have it rotate to a new file after a period of time.

Okay. Hopefully this gets us somewhere…

This is the last portion of the console via sonarr_output.log before the lockup: https://pastebin.com/zUuNvf4B

This is the last portion of sonarr.trace.txt before the lockup: https://pastebin.com/SsniCTj6

To me those entries looks exactly the same, but hopefully you find useful information in it.

Without any further response to go on, I got desperate and just started making wholesale changes until I got a functioning product. I have no way of knowing exactly what was wrong, but I strongly suspect that mono did not like my cifs mount.

I changed all of my TV directory paths to NFS shares, (which also failed), so I ended up creating a bind-mount to a fuse directory on my proxmox host system, which is tied to my Google Drive cloud storage (via plexdrive).

Out of all the storage path options for sonarr to use, I would’ve never thought the most complicated scenario would have been the most likely to work. But I’ve heard countless other stories of folks having problems with mono not playing well with file shares.

I think you’re correct. I moved some of my library to a SMB/CIFS share, and now Mono/Sonarr bomb on every library scan to the point where the service cannot be stopped and I have to killall mono, but that still doesn’t keep mono from causing a reboot or shutdown to hang forever. Apparently Mono/Sonarr and windows shares are just asking for your box to shit the bed every few minutes.

To prove this was the issue, I changed the shares from Windows Shares to NFS (since the shares are on a Windows Server 2012R2 box, which support NFS Share Server) and now mapping the same shares on my Ubuntu box to the NFS instead of Windows shares and Mono/Sonarr are no longer hanging.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.