Fairy Tail not searching for absolute episode number, index isn't finding proper episode


#1

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5303
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
OS: Windows
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/WYkH6cuA
Description of issue: So, I’m trying to download fairy tail. All the episodes are named with their absolute episode numbers (ex 285 for season 8 episode 8). The automated search wasn’t returning anything, and when I did the manual search, it was only returning torrents that did not match what I was looking for. After looking in the debug log, I realized it was only doing the following searches

EDIT: removed debug logs editor didn’t like them.

As expected, none of those are specific enough to find the proper episode. Is there anyway to enable absolute episode searches?


#2

According to the logs Sonarr searched by the absolute episode number, according to the mapping on http://thexem.de/xem/show/4534 that episode is absolute episode 8 of season 3, which is what Sonarr would use when searching.


#3

I’m not sure what you mean. I’m attempting to search for episode 8 of season 8, which is episode 285.

These are the searches it attempts:

  1. 19-3-3 01:05:48.9|Debug|Nyaa|Downloading Feed https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&f=0&c=1_2&term=Fairy+Tail+S3+8
  1. 19-3-3 01:05:49.6|Debug|Nyaa|Downloading Feed https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&f=0&c=1_2&term=Fairy+Tail+S3+08

  2. 19-3-3 01:05:51.5|Debug|Nyaa|Downloading Feed https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&f=0&c=1_2&term=Fairy+Tail+Final+Season+8

  3. 19-3-3 01:05:54.5|Debug|Nyaa|Downloading Feed https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&f=0&c=1_2&term=Fairy+Tail+Final+Season+08

  4. 19-3-3 01:05:56.4|Debug|Nyaa|Downloading Feed https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&f=0&c=1_2&term=Fairy+Tail+2018+8

  5. 19-3-3 01:05:58.2|Debug|Nyaa|Downloading Feed https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&f=0&c=1_2&term=Fairy+Tail+2018+08

  6. 19-3-3 01:05:59.8|Debug|Nyaa|Downloading Feed https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&f=0&c=1_2&term=Fairy+Tail+Final+Series+8

  7. 19-3-3 01:06:02.8|Debug|Nyaa|Downloading Feed https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&f=0&c=1_2&term=Fairy+Tail+Final+Series+08

  8. 19-3-3 01:06:04.3|Debug|Nyaa|Downloading Feed https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&f=0&c=1_2&term=Fairy+Tail+8

  9. 19-3-3 01:06:06.1|Debug|Nyaa|Downloading Feed https://nyaa.si/?page=rss&f=0&c=1_2&term=Fairy+Tail+08

None of these have 285 in the search terms


#4

The TVDB refers to is as absolute 285, but it’s “Season 3” episode 8 from anidb/the scene which is what Sonarr will use for searching.


#5

Ok, I understand now why it’s not using 285, because it’s using a different episode counter. But my problem is that all the torrents that I could find (manually searching the index’s website) are using the tvdb numbering scheme. Sonarr isn’t finding any torrents using it’s current search terms because none of the torrents found are for the right episode.

It works for new episodes using the RSS feed but for finding historic episodes it can’t find anything.


#6

Yeah, that is an unfortunate limitation when there are multiple number systems in use by different indexers/groups.


closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.