Failed ongoing asian series

Sonarr version (exact version):
Debug logs: Not sure how to capture specific part of the log related to this serials

I asked this a year ago but it’s still not resolved… so i’m asking it again hopefully the devs are willing to look into this… These are the ongoing serials that sonarr fails to grab…
They are ongoing making sonarr even more necessary, e.g if it’s ending in few episodes i could just wait for completed batch/
But for some reason sonarr “still” wont grab them…
I’ve checked thetvdb page and each has complete episodes and the exisiting episodes needed exist as well…

please look into this. If necessary i can give a avistaz invites via PM.
thanks

It’s the same reason it was before, the numbering system isn’t one Sonarr really understands, if the episodes have absolute episode numbers then it should work with the series type set to anime, otherwise it won’t be able to do anything.

No one has had the drive and time to investigate and implement a solution and I can’t say when myself of another dev will get to it.

Adding a new series type that ignores season numbering seems to be the only way… somebody mentioned it on the other thread… i dont understand why the idea is not considered…

Probably me… when did we say it wasn’t being considered? I’m saying it’s more complicated that just adding something in.

Could you elaborate whats making it complicated?
Maybe some of us could help,
It’s gonna make sonarr better than before too…

The naming scheme is similar to anime, an absolute episode number though it is potentially harder to know given the file names aren’t as standardized (anime tends to have [RlsGrp] at the start or the end).

How about setting these shows as daily and matching dates for parsing. The largest scene group for korean variety shows is Next and they always put episode date after episode number. Won’t work with search but at least sonarr can detect and match with the rss feeds and from inside torrent clients.

I have tried this on some of them before actually, seems like it only works for knowing bros.
I have set all of them for daily now. I will monitor it in a week or 2.

At first i thought using this method has another drawback, it creates an episode filename that’s using file date instead of S0xE0x, Then i just realized i can set the episode naming in settings,
But Not sure how it turns out if sonarr can only pickup the dates though

I have been following these series a while and they do not seem to follow a standard for naming. What I have to do it try to locate them. Then grab them manually I then use “Ant Renamer” to rename the series into a format that sonar can process. Recently some of the new series have been using a more standard naming scheme I hope this continues. But for the older shows it hunt, grab and rename. You also may want to disable auto rename for these in sonar it can tend to mess up. I set up a separate copy of sonar just for handling these series. Sickrage is another graber i have tried for this and has similar issues.

Well if we still have to download manually and rename them that kinda defeats the purpose of sonarr doesn’t it?

there is one indexer that index some of them I found the problem is all the names do not match exactly. and tvdb names things different also. I have been working on adding them all to sonar and putting tvdb names on them. I am not sure how to get sonarr to grab them when names do not match now. Sonar developer does not want to add a alternate naming. There was a down loader that used to allow that i cannot recall if it was sickbeard or some other. Id like to find one or a mod that worked for that.

It would be nice if we could name video like this origname-(altname).avi were the origname is tvdb version and the altname is the nzb indexer version then sonar would rename them all to origname but search for them with altname.

i moved my asian stuff to sickrage and only use sonar for normal shows. it does not work much better but i managed to get most of this years shows loaded manually and am only using it to keep track of what is missing and to make metadata. It took few day to find the tvdb names for the shows.

Thats interesting, never tried sickrage before…
Did you manage to get the shows that i mentioned in this thread working using sickrage?
Thing is, sonarr still picks up several asian shows, so its not entirely non-functional,
unfortunately it seems like sonarr only works properly for series thats ending in single year, e.g one season shows… not ongoing ones like the one i mentioned here, quite unfortunate cause the later is the one that needs sonarr more :frowning:

sonar is better but i did not want to add foreign codes to it since I use it for English shows. so i set up sickrage just for the foreign shows. i added like 108 shows to it for this year and so far it has only found 38 of them most are very large like 2,500 file size. I still have to manually rename some. I set up a separate download folder and manually put them away. I’m slowly working on adding the past years to sickrage i use it to track the missing episodes so i can know what to look for. I says it will look for subtitles but I have always just manually got them. i do not use torrents so i’m not sure if they would get more shows. Its fun tracking down old shows just to see if i can find them.

If sonar allowed us to set like a group tag for each show or at least allow a couple ways. so we could set half the shows to english and half to foreign then i could do it all in the one program.

Some Asian shows are single season and some are multiple seasons. Sickrage allows you on a show by show set that. Sonarr also allows you to toggle seasons on or off It should work also I did set up sonarr on my windows machine to help get the tvdb metadata for the Asian shows before i moved the shows to my linux box on sickrage…

@markus101 how about starting a bounty for this feature?
I saw somewhere same thing is being done, i wouldnt mind donating some for this,
but i have no idea how to start a bounty, can regular user do it?

We don’t do bounties for features.

What if the bounties are done by non dev?
I havent find any platform to do this “group bounty” yet… I will start one once i find it…
But assuming the solution is found, Then could the result be slipstream’ed to official build?

If someone wants to implement it and open a PR and it’s accepted, great, but we’re not going to support or promote features via a bounty program.

Unless there becomes a reliable source of asian nzb I doubt it worth developing for this. I find only about 20% of the shows seem to be in reach. Most I just use app to track and I manually look for them. Jdownloader is another option for web based shows. I really hope there is more support for these in the future. I just wont watch shows online they are to unreliable. I wait till i have the complete series with subs to watch them so I can pause play and repeat. They really need to develop android tv boxes that can pull whole seasons to a local drive that can be watches offline.