Failed download handeling

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5085
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): Running on windows 10
Description of issue: When a file fails to download in Newsbin sonarr doesnt seem to get notified and thus does not blacklist the file or redownload a different version, how can I go about finding out why this is not working?

Sonarr’s queue (Activity: Queue) will have some information on that (if it’s still there).

Also make sure Redownload is enabled for Failed Download Handling.

Restarting Sonarr with debug logs enabled ) will also provide more information on each item in Newsbin’s history as Sonarr processes it, though trace logs may be of more use to see the actual response from Newsbin.

So with debug on it shows me the following

DownloadMonitoringService Unable to retrieve queue and history items from Newsbin: Unable to connect to SABnzbd, please check your settings

However sending the things to download goes straight to newsbin with no issues so what would cause it to be able to send but not recieve? (clicking test with the added download client section of sonarr says “Testing ‘newsbin’ successful”

Please post the full debug log and link it here, that will give more information. Could be a temporary problem, be Newsbin failing to return it in an expected format or something in between.

I don’t see any issues connecting to SAB in that log, there is one failure to connect to uTorrent and several errors connecting to NZBGet.

not fussed about the torrent errors.

That check happens every minute, if you’re not constantly seeing it, it’s not a problem.

Ok so if there is no problem communicating with newsbin why does failed download handling not work, sonarr grabs somthing, it shows up in newsbin it tries to download it fails then that’s it no retries ever and if you look in manual download in sonarr nothing is marked as failed

Did you look at the debug or trace logs after restarting Sonarr? (Restarting Sonarr will give some additional information)
Does anything show in Activity: Queue?

Feel free to post a few minutes of trace logs and link them here and we can take a look, but the pieces of information shared don’t give any indication why it wouldn’t be handled.

trace log (23:02:18 is when I did a restart)

From the activity section, it knows when somthing has worked but not when somthing has failed, does that mean that newsbin is reporting successes but not failures somehow?

Sorry, I missed this before:

18-1-16 22:48:39.7|Debug|DownloadClientFactory|Temporarily ignoring download client Newsbin till 16/01/2018 23:52:08 due to recent failures.

Which could be why it didn’t report any subsequent errors.

The easiest way to see what’s going on is to:

1. Go to Download clients and test the Newsbin client
  2. Clear the log files
  3. Restart Sonarr
  4. Wait a couple minutes
  5. Grab trace logs, upload them and link them here

I was talking about the first tab, Queue, not History. But Activity would be empty given it can’t connect to the client.

Done

Based on the response from Newsbin and Sonarr’s configuration for Newsbin, Sonarr is filtering out the items in history.

The failed items are in the tv category, but Sonarr is configured to not use a category, so they aren’t processed by Sonarr once Sonarr sees that the category doesn’t match.

setting sonarr to use tv as a catagory seems to make it all work now.

I have never seen sonarr handle failed downloads either. I didn’t think it had the capability. I’m not using news feeds, but How do you set sonarr to use/set tv as a category? What exactly are you describing…

Settings > Download client > click ont he download client you have set up, within there there is a catagory box, I just wrote “tv” (without the " ") and it all started working.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.