External Hard Drive not automatically seen by Sonarr

Hello,

I have a laptop set up with Sonarr. When episodes finish downloading, they are moved by Sonarr to an external drive. As this computer is a laptop, sometimes I move it and unplug it from the external drive. Later, I’ll plug it back in and Sonarr will state that the drive is missing in errors, until I manually run “Check Health” in tasks or restart Sonarr (and then the error is resolved). Just wondering if it is possible to change the frequency of “Check Health” to every hour instead of every 6? Or if there is a better, easier automated solution to my problem.

Don’t unplug it :wink:
Aren’t you able to connect it to your router and share it from there ?
Also make sure it’s getting the same drive letter every time.
because it could happen when you also got a usb stick connected it will get another drive letter.
Even setting it to 6 hours won’t solve your issue because if it isn’t connected at the moment you will get the same result.

You also say Sonarr moves your files to the external drive,
this means you’re not running Sonarr 24/7 because it won’t be able to trigger a download when the drive isn’t attached.
So you could just shut down Sonarr and start it as soon as you connected your external drive.
But it could happen that you miss some releases in the mean time when Sonarr isn’t running.

Thanks for your reply,

To reply to you points/answer your questions:

• Router isn’t fast and stable enough through the USB port
  • Never had a drive letter issue on MacOS
  • Sonarr is running 24/7, it download shows to the laptop but exports them to the hard drive when it is complete (it currently just waits until I plug the hard drive back in and restart Sonarr, to move it)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.