Error occurred while executing task ApplicationUpdate: Could not find file ""

Version
Mono Version
4.0.1 (tarball Wed Apr 29 13:04:42 EDT 2015)

When upgrading to the latest version on QNAP:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file ""
at System.IO.Directory.InsecureGetCurrentDirectory () [0x00000] in :0
at System.IO.Path.InsecureGetFullPath (System.String path) [0x00000] in :0
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath (System.String path) [0x00000] in :0
at System.IO.FileInfo…ctor (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileInfo:.ctor (string)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntryFactory.MakeFileEntry (System.String fileName, Boolean useFileSystem) [0x00000] in :0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntryFactory.MakeFileEntry (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in :0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.Add (System.String fileName, System.String entryName) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Common.ArchiveService.CreateZip (System.String path, System.String[] files) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Backup.BackupService.Backup (BackupType backupType) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.InstallUpdate (NzbDrone.Core.Update.UpdatePackage updatePackage) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.Execute (NzbDrone.Core.Update.Commands.ApplicationUpdateCommand message) [0x00000] in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommandApplicationUpdateCommand [0x00000] in :0

Raised on GitHub:

Raised on QNAP forum:

If you run a backup on System: Backup does it fail as well?

Some things to look at:

• System Language, some languages cause issues with the Zip library Sonarr uses
  • Free space where Sonarr’s app data directory is stored (App Data Directory from System: Status)

Backup is created without issues.
Language is English - default
Free space where Sonarr is installed - 1TB

The backup process is the same, though they go to different sub directories. In Sonarr’s App Data folder there should be a backup folder with subfolders in there, which subfolders are present?

in backups folder there are:
manual and updates folders.
With files created under update when i attempted to update and a file under manual 1 file when i tested the backup.

The thing is that the Sonarr is installed under:
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QSonarr
And the backups folder and other files are here:
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/SONARR_CONFIG/Backups

Sonar works as such having 2 “install” locations.
I am not sure is that correct.

Its not two install locations, the first is the install location (where the files required to run Sonarr are) the second location is where the data for Sonarr is stored (which shows you have, your settings, etc).

Is there a new version of QMono available? If I recall correctly 4.0.1 has an issue with the updater (not this issue), which was fixed in a newer version of the package.

Is there anything in the update subfolder in backups? What about manual?

I have installed Mono 4.0.4.1.
Then i have updated Sonarr.
I HAVE UPDATED SONARR!!! :smile:

Thank you very much for your help markus101 :smile:

1 Like

@Everybody Big news: HE HAS UPDATED SONARR!!!

Good work antakar, persistence is rewarding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to review an “old” thread.
New install/user here.

I’m unable to update or back up with same error as in the title.

Body of the error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file “”
at System.IO.Directory.InsecureGetCurrentDirectory () <0xf5779dd0 + 0x0004e> in :0
at System.IO.Path.InsecureGetFullPath (System.String path) <0xf578df50 + 0x00276> in :0
at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath (System.String path) <0xf578dba0 + 0x0001e> in :0
at System.IO.FileInfo…ctor (System.String fileName) <0xf5780360 + 0x0004c> in :0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileInfo:.ctor (string)
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntryFactory.MakeFileEntry (System.String fileName, Boolean useFileSystem) <0xef92f008 + 0x000ab> in :0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipEntryFactory.MakeFileEntry (System.String fileName) <0xef92efd8 + 0x0001f> in :0
at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.Add (System.String fileName, System.String entryName) <0xef92ee78 + 0x00041> in :0
at NzbDrone.Common.ArchiveService.CreateZip (System.String path, System.String[] files) <0xef92e1a8 + 0x00073> in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Backup.BackupService.Backup (BackupType backupType) <0xef92b6b8 + 0x00195> in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.InstallUpdate (NzbDrone.Core.Update.UpdatePackage updatePackage) <0xef952478 + 0x0027f> in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.Execute (NzbDrone.Core.Update.Commands.ApplicationUpdateCommand message) <0xef94dd18 + 0x0013b> in :0
at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommand[TCommand] (NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.TCommand command, NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandModel commandModel) <0xefb6ec10 + 0x00179> in :0

I have the log file if needed.

EDIT:
Seems the fix is found here:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.