Error Loading Page when waiting episode not expected yet


#1

Sonarr version (3.0.0.348):
Windows 10:

I often get this reproducible error “There was an error loading this page”: when loading a TV series page under the circumstance where I have an episode in my download folder that is not yet known to Sonarr.

This happened today with Deadly Class. Sonarr is aware of only episode S01E01. When I add a file in my download folder called “Deadly Class S01E02 Noise Noise Noise 1080p AMZN WEB-DL DDP5 1 H 264 1-NTG.mkv” I get the error after refreshing the Sonar page once or twice.

If I rename the file to “SOMETHING OTHER THAT REALLY A Deadly EPISODE Class S01E02 Noise Noise Noise 1080p AMZN WEB-DL DDP5 1 H 264 1-NTG.mkv” the error goes away. I can continue this cycle back and forth and the problem vanishes and recurs.

As a further test case, I can create an empty file in my download folder called “Gotham S05E15 This is junk 1080p AMZN WEB-DL.mkv” and then loading the Gotham page will produce the “There was an error loading this page”:error. (Sonarr knows Gotham episodes up through S05E09.) If I rename the junk file to “THIS IS NO LONGER Gothamthing SOMETHING S05E15 This is junk 1080p AMZN WEB-DL.mkv” and refresh a couple of times, the error is cleared.

I can obviously work around this now that I’ve tracked it down, so it’s not a big deal. Thanks so much for all your hard work on a terrific program!


#2

That’s an in app error page? If so, can you send the full error message (expand it and upload it somewhere and link it here).

This may have been fixed already, but maybe not.


#3

The Page shows the Menus on the left. The main part of the page is mostly white space. There is a funny creature racing across the screen with maybe a router in its mouth. To the left and below the creature is a “Details” label I hadn’t noticed. Clicking on it reveals this expansion.

TypeError: item.episode is undefined

in Connect(EpisodeStatusConnector)
in td
in TableRowCell
in tr
in TableRow
in EpisodeRow
in Connect(EpisodeRow)
in tbody
in TableBody
in table
in div
in Scroller
in Table
in div
in div
in div
in SeriesDetailsSeason
in SeriesDetailsSeasonConnector
in Connect(SeriesDetailsSeasonConnector)
in div
in div
in div
in div
in div
in Scrollbars
in OverlayScroller
in PageContentBody
in Connect(PageContentBody)
in div
in DocumentTitle
in SideEffect(DocumentTitle)
in ErrorBoundary
in PageContent
in SeriesDetails
in SeriesDetailsConnector
in Connect(SeriesDetailsConnector)
in SeriesDetailsPageConnector
in Connect(SeriesDetailsPageConnector)
in Route
in Switch
in Switch
in AppRoutes
in div
in div
in Page
in PageConnector
in Connect(PageConnector)
in Route
in withRouter(Connect(PageConnector))
in Router
in ConnectedRouter
in Provider
in DocumentTitle
in SideEffect(DocumentTitle)
in App

Basically I’m just suggesting there’s maybe a more graceful way to field the error, while still allowing the user to see the list of episodes. Thanks!


#4

At that point the app has crashed because it ran into something unexpected and we’ll need to investigate why and fix it. In this case it’s already been fixed and will be in the next release.


#5

Cool! Thanks so much! And thanks again for such a helpful and full-featured program!