Error changing permissions after backup/restore

Hi - just moved my Sonarr to a new Synology NAS and did the backup/restore to move it over. I followed the instructions here: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/Backup-and-Restore

Everything went smoothly until I got to the second to last step on updating permissions:

cd /usr/local/nzbdrone/var/.config/NzbDrone/
chown -R nzbdrone:users *

returns

chown: invalid user: ‘nzbdrone:users’

I don’t think I have a nzbdrone user on my system…I’ve got sc-media, sc-download, sc-sonarr…should I be changing ownership to one of them instead?

There should be an nzbdrone user, but it’s created in a way that it isn’t visible in the common places (I don’t fully understand what the deal is there), but it’s part of the sc-media group, so you can use that.

Thanks - getting the same error with sc-media. I tried checking the current permission of a file in the folder and get this:

ls -lart logs.db
-rw-r–r-- 1 sc-sonarr nzbdrone 385024 Dec 14 11:52 logs.db

So, the user is sc-sonarr and the group is nzbdrone…is that not correct?

I started Sonarr and everything seems to work, until I try to search for episodes…then I get a failure and the following shows up in the log file:

Error occurred while executing task EpisodeSearch: SQL logic error or missing database
no such column: t0.IndexerId

Which would make sense with a permissions issue…but I’m not sure how to fix it.

No, the user is nzbdrone which is in the sc-media group. Whether that will work for setting the ownership, I don’t know, you’d definitely need to give the group write access though.

Looks more like the version of Sonarr you’re running is older than the database it’s using, make sure Sonarr is up to date (the synology package is almost certainly out of date)/

Damn, that’s probably it. I’ve got a new Synology DS418 which uses the RTD 1296 chipset…no official support yet, so I grabbed a build WodKa78 compiled (https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/issues/2886), guessing my database was slightly more up to date than the version they compiled from.

Thanks for your help, sounds like I need to wait for official support…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.