Episodes wont import - Access to the path is denied

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.7.1477
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34
OS: DSM 6.2.4-25556 Update 5
Description of issue:
Sonarr was working fine for over a month and then suddenly decides to not import
My Synology OS is the same - as is my sabnzbd
Sonarr and SAB are running inside docker
Radarr also inside docker and also facing the same issues
i tried giving ‘Everyone’ read and write access to the download folder - no success
also tried setting permissions to the downloader folder to 777 within SAB, no success
Debug logs: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x0005e] in <254335e8c4aa42e3923a8ba0d5ce8650>:0
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x0008f] in <254335e8c4aa42e3923a8ba0d5ce8650>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.CreateFolder (System.String path) [0x00047] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:190
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.CreateFolder (System.String directoryName) [0x00079] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:203
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.EnsureEpisodeFolder (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Tv.Series series, System.Int32 seasonNumber, System.String filePath) [0x0006f] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:166
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.EnsureEpisodeFolder (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.LocalEpisode localEpisode, System.String filePath) [0x00000] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:146
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFileMovingService.MoveEpisodeFile (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.LocalEpisode localEpisode) [0x00026] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeFileMovingService.cs:75
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.UpgradeMediaFileService.UpgradeEpisodeFile (NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeFile episodeFile, NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.LocalEpisode localEpisode, System.Boolean copyOnly) [0x001b0] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\UpgradeMediaFileService.cs:77
at NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportApprovedEpisodes.Import (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] decisions, System.Boolean newDownload, NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadClientItem downloadClientItem, NzbDrone.Core.MediaFiles.EpisodeImport.ImportMode importMode) [0x0029b] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\MediaFiles\EpisodeImport\ImportApprovedEpisodes.cs:109

It looks like the issue is the destination of the import (within the series folder). Make sure Sonarr has read/write access to the root folder and it’s series folders.

Yeah I had realized the update to Plex somehow whacked the permissions to the destination folder. Now fixed. Thanks for replying!

1 Like