Episodes not being imported from season pack

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5319

Debug file: https://pastebin.com/6wbC9axJ

Description of issue: Sonarr isn’t completing a missing episode from a season.

1. I add The.Twilight.Zone.1959.S01.720p.BluRay.x264-aAF to my qBittorrent manually under Sonarr category, with just the missing episode enabled.

2. Wait for download to finish.

3. Sonarr removes the torrent, but doesn’t import the missing episode.

As I understand it, Sonarr won’t automatically add season-packs for correcting only a few missing episodes. I disagree with this logic, but anyways, it’s not importing the missing episode even when I’m adding the season pack manually, which it should.

Sonarr just deletes this perfectly okay episode without importing it, and that seems to be a bug. Thanks for reading and I hope this can be fixed :slight_smile:

Correct, in v3 you’d be able to do an interactive search at the season level and forcibly download it.

Did you previously download that exact release through Sonarr?

Best guess, Sonarr thought it had already processed that release from before, it met the seeding requirements an removed it as it’d already imported something from it.

Knowing when everything in a season pack has been imported is a bit tricky since you could have files rejected for various reasons, but other files to be imported, so at least one successful import is treated as imported.

Sonarr also doesn’t handle the same torrent being redownloaded later because the ID in the download client (the torrent hash) remains the same, for usenet it’s fine because each download gets a unique ID.

Related to

Aha, that might be it! Sonarr is pointing to an rclone mount (virtual drive that connects to Google Drive), and it occasionally fails to upload a couple of episodes. Big pain in the butt that I’m working on fixing, but not really Sonarr’s fault.

You said “items in history are immutable and aren’t meant to be changed” on the older issue; this mean it’d not be a good idea for me to try to clear Sonarr’s download history? That the best idea (other than manually fixing missing files) would perhaps be to try out v3 alpha?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: tried out v3. The similar situation happens.

1. Download S03 pack for the series; all episodes imported properly except for S03E02.
  2. Redownload the season pack through interactive Sonarr search, just to get S03E02.
  3. Download finishes and just sits there. In debug, it says: TrackedDownloadService|Tracking 'qBittorrent:strike.back.S03.1080p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS[rartv]': ClientState=Completed (readonly) SonarrStage=DownloadFailed Episode='strike back - Season 03 Bluray-1080p v1' OutputPath=Z:\Torrenthole\strike.back.S03.1080p.BluRay.x264-ROVERS[rartv].

Immutable meaning individual items shouldn’t be modified after they are added, you could remove the series from Sonarr and re-add it to work around it.

Right, nothing has changed in that regard in v3.

Are there any plans for changing it? I don’t really understand why it works this way. Sure, “normal person won’t redownload the same torrent”, but it’s infuriating that I interactively redownload a huge season pack, and then Sonarr thinks “we need to delete this without importing, even though we’re missing a couple of these files, and it’s at our max preferred quality” :confused: In my eyes it should see “we’re only missing Episode 2, this torrent has entire season pack, so let’s try again to import Episode 2 from it”

Even if it let me manually import the missing files it’d be an improvement, but right now it’s just deleting it without sending it to trashcan.

At some point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.