Entire seasons instead of individual episodes

It’s very annoying that Sonarr is downloading individual episodes instead of entire seasons. Is there a way to prefer entire seasons instead of individual episodes?

Yes, I would actually prefer to downgrade quality from 1080p to 720p if a complete season was only available in 720p. Many individual episodes are such a chaos.

Some individual episodes have really low seed ratio and never completes. And another thing, is there a way to specify minimun seeders/peers?

So far is no to both questions but i believe they are on the long todo list of sonarr

This would make Sonarr even greater (at least for me), I think they should pritority this.

Well i think sonarr is fantastic at doing its job if you are talking about current up-to-date shows and future episodes. It struggles if you try and download lets say all X-File seasons from the past.
At least for me.

1 Like

Sonarr prefers season packs, IF and only if it’s an upgrade for all episodes in that season. That’s not something we’re going to change.

The downside about downloading an entire season at once though is that if there’s missing blocks, all your eggs are in one basket and the download fails. At least with individual episodes some can fail without stopping the available ones from completing.

It seems like more people are seeding complete seasons than individual episodes, at least on old seasons or TV shows. Never had a problem with downloading a complete season, as long you choose one with enough peers.

Oh yeah sorry I should have specified I’m using Usenet, which can have missing files on the server because of old uploads / DMCA requests

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.