Dragon Ball Super episodes cannot be found

I don’t know why but Sonarr suddenly stopped being able to find episodes for dragon ball super. It used to work and now it wont and I cant figure out why. I am mainly using oznzb and I have triple checked the anime category is correct in my indexers and also checked that dragon ball super is set to anime. I cant work out why suddenly no episodes can be found, even when I manual search. This problem is doing my head in…
Any suggestions as to what this can be?

Thanks so much in advanced for your help :slight_smile:

I have one suggestion for you based on my personnal experience.

For TVDB, DBS reachs the season 2. But Some uploader keep going with season 1 naming. S01E19 instead of S02E01

2 solutions:

• Ask them to go on Season 2
  • Ask them to use absolute number (starting with a zero and available between round bracets in sonarr)

Thanks @anon70424920, appreciate the suggestion.
I feel like if this was the case then the season 1 episodes would be available, but they too cannot be found.
Also, if I click manual search on episodes that Sonarr already downloaded with no trouble - Sonarr still cannot find any links for it - Even though a few weeks ago it clearly was able to find the links as it already downloaded it :smile:
So really not sure what is going on here .

Can you paste some screems? logs?
These files are still available on your indexers?

Im not sure what logs you will require? I can show you screenshots of trying to search and the files existing on my indexer… here you go, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

seems sonarr is searching for 27 instead of 027.

Is your show defined as Anime?

I have the same issue as OP. Searching Dragon Ball Super returns no results, even if it’s available on nzb.su. I’ve added the anime index number to the provider in my settings. The show is defined as Anime. I’ve disabled using seasons.

It seems that Sonarr can’t associate results where the naming follows absolute numbering with 3 digits [releasegroupe]Dragon Ball Super - 001 - Title. If the number in the filename is [releasegroup]Dragon ball super - 24 - Title, it finds the results just fine.

This issue is only for search result. Importing episodes with 3 digit absolute numbering works fine.

The indexer isn’t returning result, 2 or 3 digits can be parsed properly by Sonarr, but it can only parse results that are returned. Sonarr searches for 01, not 001 because it has no way of knowing which format is used and when the indexer is strict on the results it returned Sonarr won’t get results.

If the series has more than 100 episodes its possible that Sonarr can handle this better, but otherwise we don’t plan to trigger two searches for 01 and 001.

So this can’t be fixed for anime (even if the series is marked as Anime)? It’s quite common to see naming follow the 3 digit rule. :frowning:

Parsing will be fine, so it will work for RSS, its only searching thats affected, something well be looking into, but we need to keep it efficient and not search unnecessarily.

1 Like

Alright markus :slight_smile: Let me know if you need me to test at any point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.