Downloads Have Incorrect File Exension

I have noticed that with some shows the file extension is incorrect and will be a set of numbers like .1427, .1425 etc. If I manually change the extension to .mkv, then Sonarr will finish the post process successfully and there are no issues with playback. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior.

Also if there is a way to exclude a certain file extension or prioritize certain indexers over another to prevent this issue. Ideally since the incorrect file extension are not all the same, if there was some way to exclude numbers from the file extension would be best.

Obfuscated releases. Usually accompanied by a rename.par2 file that you can use to fix it. There are probably post-processing scripts for that.

For the rest of the questions the answer is all no. Extensions aren’t known before downloading.

Thanks, any particular scripts that you would recommend? Also is there any plans to add prioritized indexing in the future?

Nope, I don’t use those script.

Also, prioritizing indexers doesn’t fix the problem.

True, prioritizing will not fix the issue but I can at least prioritize certain indexers that I have less of an issue with.

Nzbget has native support for par2 rename.

Thanks, I will check out Nzbget.

A post was split to a new topic: Automatic Search - Which Indexer is used?

Couldn’t find any post-processing scripts so I made my own for SABnzbd. It will check rename.par2 for the original name (extension) then rename the obfuscated file. I can post it tomorrow if you like?

PS: I suppose that par2 or quickpar or whatever can do this but I could not figure out how. So I made this.

That would be awesome if you have a script. Thanks.

Here is it [Hünter] PSPPS that renames obfuscated files let me know if you have any problems.

Will this script work on a freebsd system, in this case Freenas?

Dont think so. Linux dont use batch. Uses bash :cry: but shouldn’t be hard for anyone that knows bash to convert it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.