Downloads from imported torrents stuck in Queue

Hi, I’ve just moved from SickRage to Sonarr and I’m having some troubles importing my previous library.

When I directed Sonarr to my TV Shows folder, it detected all my shows fine and added them, however it seems that they are all stuck in my Queue, and are causing a lot of errors.

This is a pucture of my Queue. | And this is a picture of the errors I’m getting.

I have Sonarr setup using uTorrent and the label TV, the same as I had before with SickRage. I have it setup to create hard-links from M:\Torrents\seed\TV, where all my TV downloads are dumped, to M:\TV Shows. I have also disabled the Remove advanced setting from the Download Client tab, as I want to continue seeding my files until I remove them manually.

How can I resolve this? Have I setup everything correctly? Thanks in advance for your help.

What is that path in the errors? Where does M:\Torrents\seed\tv come from?
Are uTorrent and Sonarr on the same system?

Here is the text from one of the errors: Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: F:\My Documents\Torrents\seed\TV\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S07.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S07.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-HDB

M:\Torrents\seed\tv is where uTorrent is set to move completed downloads to.

uTorrent and Sonarr are both on the same machine.

Sorry I meant, what is F:\My Documents\Torrents\seed\TV\ and how to does it relate to M:\Torrents\seed\tv?

Sonarr gets the path from uTorrent and tries to import from the location it specifies. If the files aren’t in F:\My Documents\Torrents\seed\TV\ any longer that thats problem. If you change categories Sonarr won’t keep looking for them though.

Also, Sonarr will only remove it when it finishes seeding (is stopped in uTorrent).

F:\My Documents\Torrents\seed\TV\ is just a folder shortcut to M:\Torrents\seed\TV\. I’m not sure if that would cause a problem, but My Documents is the directory uTorrent thinks its working in, but the files are actually stored on the M drive.

I had a thought; I am cross seeding a lot of torrents to different trackers, but sometimes the files were stored in different structures. (ie. A complete pack with all 5 seasons on one tracker, and 5 individual torrents for each individual season at another) So in order to accommodate this, I had to use uTorrent’s relocate feature on the individual files within torrent, to point it towards the correct data. Could this possibly be causing uTorrent to report the wrong file location?

For example, a torrent from tracker A is called Breaking bad Complete, and is stored as follows:

• /TV/Breaking Bad Complete
  • Season 1
  • Season 2
  • Season 3

Where as from tracker B, they are in individual season folders, like so:

• /TV/Breaking Bad Season 1
  • /TV/Breaking Bad Season 2
  • /TV/Breaking Bad Season 3

But the files in these folders have been relocated within uTorrent into the Breaking Bad Complete folders from Tracker A.

That relocation shouldn’t matter as long as the path that uTorrent is reporting is accessible by Sonarr, which it either isn’t or the folder doesn’t actually exist.

How is the redirect done? Perhaps Sonarr isn’t able to follow it.
How is Sonarr running? If its running as a service, try running the exe directly (either NzbDrone.exe or NzbDrone.Console.exe).

Sonarr was running as a service, I shut it down and ran the exe but it’s still throwing the errors.

I relocated them from the right click menu Relocate option within the files tab of the torrent info panel. Here is a picture.

Glancing over the logs quickly, it looks like it’s only throwing errors for the torrents with relocated files.
For example, the torrent pictured above contains relocated files, and throws the following error:

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: F:\My Documents\Torrents\seed\TV\Suits.S01.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1 H.264-TB

As you can see, the error reports that the files are located in the folder Suits.S01.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1 H.264-TB which would be correct, based on the torrent name, had the files not been relocated. The files are actually stored in Suits.S01.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-TB (notice ‘.’ replacing the space after DD5.1). This leads me to believe Sonarr is grabbing the file location based where the download folder should be placed, based on the torrents name and download dir, rather than the individual files actual download location.

To be clear, the file location F:\My Documents\Torrents\seed\TV\Suits.S01.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1 H.264-TB does not exist, as all the files within it have been internally referenced by uTorrent to the location: F:\My Documents\Torrents\seed\TV\Suits.S01.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-TB.

Is there any way for me to clear the queue manually without removing the torrents from my client? They are largely just duplicate files and don’t need to be processed.

Thanks

Updata: I changed the label of all the torrents that I’ve cross seeded and this emptied all the shows in my queue except for a few which say Not an upgrade for existing episode file(s) (which I assume means there are multiple versions in my download directory?) This works as temporary solution, but I feel like Sonarr should be using the actual paths to the files listed in the file tab instead of the predicted path.

PS: Had to update all my image links to imgur since apparently push has been banned. :confused:

Those paths are the same.

Sonarr uses the path reported for the torrent, not each file individually as it handles the entire season pack as a single release.

Those paths are the same.

They’re not. One has a space and the other has a period.

F:\My Documents\Torrents\seed\TV\Suits.S01.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-TB
F:\My Documents\Torrents\seed\TV\Suits.S01.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1 H.264-TB
------------------------------------------------------------^

Sonarr uses the path reported for the torrent, not each file individually as it handles the entire season pack as a single release.

This aligns with what I’m experiencing, since when you relocate a file, you don’t change the torrent path, just the path for the individual file within the pack. I suppose I’ll have to submit a feature request to handle relocated files, since as you say, this is intended functionality not a bug.

Oh wow, I looked at those a few times and wondered if you just put the wrong path.

Whats the purpose of the relocation? Hardlinking could do it without the fallout I feel.

You’re probably right, hardlinking would fix the issue, but they’re much harder to create compared to the relocate feature. I cross seeded over a terabyte of data in under an hour using the relocate feature, but this just wouldn’t be feasible using hard links.

Not really very hard (Sonarr makes them when importing), but its as easy as:

mklink /H <link> <target> (where link is the destination and target is the existing file).