Downloaded files on mapped network drive config help

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5338
Description of issue**: Need help with mapped network drive

Hello,
Noob here… I just configured my Sonarr over the weekend. Most everything is working except since I moved QBittorrent download location to a mapped network drive, Sonarr is not moving the files into the respective folders.

Ok, here is a description of my system:

• A Windows 10 Pro PC named: “Win-10-plex” - Static IP 192.168.1.130
  • Plex installed and working just fine for 9 months now.
  • Added a RAID that is a 2 + 3 - Two drives raided as a mirror with three additional drives in the enclosure. The RAID mirror drive letter is “i”
  • VPN - IPVanish
  • A second mini PC…Win10 Pro… Named “Mini PC”; that I hide behind said VPN just to download torrents. Static IP 192.168.1.131
  • A Linksys network switch between them and the internet. All networking working just fine.
  • Sonarr installed on mini PC. Chrome Browser as default.
  • Qbittorrent installed as Download Client in Sonarr - working fine
  • Jacket - used for importing Indexers. About 12 of them, public, all tested and working fine.
  • Imported Existing Series - Twenty or so of them, all successful.
  • Added a bunch of new Series… all great, showing up in my Calendar and have downloaded a few shows over the past few days. Sonarr finds them and puts the in the folders for Plex to see. All good.

So everything was working great when Sonarr/Qbittorrent downloads to the mini PC’s C:\Download\sonarr-tv directory. It moves the files into the TV Shows directory on my mapped Raid drive i: (I did properly share myself and Sonarr does work with my Raid drive) “Great! (you say), so what’s your problem?”

Well, the mini PC has only 4 gigs of RAM and 64gigs of storage installed. Half of that is taken up with Win10 Pro leaving only a small amount of “HD” space, and that is concerning me. My goal is to have Qbittorrent download to the mapped Raid drive and Sonarr use that mapped directory as the “bucket” to pick downloads from and move them into my TV Shows folder and into each respective TV show directory.

Here is my file structure:
\Win-10-plex\ This is my Plex server
\Win-10-plex\i\ This is my Raid attached to my Plex Server
\Win-10-plex\i\TV Shows This is my repository of all my shows
\Win-10-plex\i\1Downloaded This is my bucket for receiving all my torrents and Qbit is now mapped and saving properly to this folder. (The “1” was added to put the folder at the top of the list)

So, knowing Sonarr would need to look in a different place, I went to the QBittorrent Indexer and edited the Category to: \Win-10-plex\i\1Downloaded. The Host is set to 192.168.1.131 (the IP address of the mini PC with Sonarr on it… seems to work and localhost was not). Well, Sonarr is not using this mapped location now and that is my problem.

Any help?

If coached on how to post a log file, I can do that.

Here is a snip of my Indexer Config in jpeg format:

Thanks,
Frankenstein

EDIT:
As I was proofreading my post, I saw a mistake I made in the Qbit Indexer config. I put a “slash” instead of a “dash” in the path of the Category. I’m gonna see if that makes a difference.

Nope, no good…

EDIT:
FIXED but not Solved
I fixed my network drive mapping problem by adding a SSD drive into my Mini PC. Like I mentioned above, everything worked just fine importing files when every Sonarr function (except copying files to my network drive) was done on the Mini PC. I fortunately and intentionally purchased a fan-less mini PC that has a slot for a M.2 SSD (500gig limit) plus a 2.5" Hard drive (up to 2TB). It’s a 2 core Celeron processor, so not fast, but room in the case for storage expansion. I think it was designed for security camera recording like a DVR.

Anyway, I don’t understand, nor can I find the config setting to tell Sonarr where to redirect itself to find the bucket of downloaded torrents on my mapped share drive and import them. I may not be networking properly to my share Raid, but I think I am because in my working current config, Sonarr imports and deposits in the mapped network drive folder’s properly.

Would love to understand what is going on.

If your client is reporting one path and Sonarr needs to access that path via a different directory use a Remote Path Mapping in Sonarr (In Sonarr’s Download Client settings).

Make sure you read the tooltips for the fields in Remote Path mapping to make sure you’re entering what Sonarr expects.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.