Download NZB by Age

A feature that would allow Sonarr to use the age of an NZB as a priority factor when searching could be helpful.

I currently have a profile that I call ‘Any’ I have ordered it with my preferences of quality (720p) and that is my cut-off but I’ll take any quality (in the event only DVD is returned). However, this can cause a problem when adding older series.

Search for an individual episode will return a dozen results… these are displayed in the order they listed in the profile ( (eg 720p -> 1080p -> DVD ). However, the 720p and 1080p releases are 2000 days old and fail after a very long timeout of SAB attempting to find missing blocks, etc… The DVD release however is only 200 days old and is easily retrieved.

So if there were some option during ‘Search’ (RSS Sync wouldn’t really require this as it would imply it was recently released) to include Age in the logic somehow.

Preferred Quality > Specified Age = Next Quality
Next Quality > Specified Age = Next Quality
Next Quality > Specified Age = Next Quality

If this were to fail for ALL qualities in the Profile start at Preferred again but ignore Age.

PS) I have worked around this by manually changing the Profile for the series to lower the preferred quality but it would be nice to have this logic built in.

We have no plans to allow age to beat quality (or anything else for that matter), quality will be the ultimate decider, but we do plan to support making multiple qualities equal so this may be possible at that time.

Preferred Quality with and ‘if statement’… Preferred Quality 720p IF less than 500 days old…

I suppose multiple qualities being equal could possibly workaround it as well.

Thanks, Markus101.

You can set a maximum age (Retention) on the indexer settings page that would achieve the age part, it’d block the older releases in an automatic search, but in a manual search you could always grab them.

Ah perfect. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.