Download larger file (better quality) within the same Quality Definition

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4689
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): no idea what this is
Debug logs:
Description of issue:
I don’t know if this is much of an issue, but maybe a program limitation, here it goes:
I have set up a simple profile with WEBDL-1080p and Bluray 1080p. Cutoff at Bluray.
I set the min. file size for WEBDL to be 2GB.
So it downloads the 2GB, but usually on the same or the next day, there might a 3,5-4,0GB release, which is also classified as WEBDL-1080p. So it won’t be downloaded.
If I would set the limit higher, there are episodes that won’t get picked. Especially if the 2GB episode is 60min, and the 4,0GB (another show) is classified as 45min episode.

Am I missing something?
Thanks

If I understand everything you said, then Sonarr is operating as designed (i.e. It is that way intentionally).

Sonarr (V2) does not automatically upgrade files to the same quality level, with the following exception:

• If Download propers is enabled, Sonarr will upgrade to a proper or repack of the same quality (ex. someshow.SxxExx.webdl will upgrade to someshow.SxxExx.webdl.PROPER or someshow.SxxExx.webdl.REPACK)

If you really want the larger file (does not always mean better quality), you can do any of the following in V2:

• Create a delay profile with a tag that delays grabbing until the larger files would be available, and apply it to the shows where this is an issue (does mean you have to wait longer); or
  • Create a restriction with a tag that forces download of a release group or other attribute (5.1, DD,DTS, etc), and apply that tag to the affected shows (Same problem as above); or
  • Manually search for the episode once the larger file is available and tell Sonarr to grab it (not automated, but less wait), or
  • Mark the original download as failed and blacklist it, which will force a new download, which Sonarr will treat like a repack and import it, removing the other (or at least I remember it doing so); or
  • Possibly the easiest thing to do, assuming you are watching things as they are downloaded, make sure Sonarr is not set to ignore/unmonitor deleted files, and delete it after you watch it. Then it will download the next release that meets the quality whenever it shows up during a RSS scan.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.