Download episodes at least ? hours after airing

Just checking in to say I’m still hoping for this feature to be added. Does anyone have any comment that may improve upon what I envision the option to provide?

Is there a way to have Sonarr not download something that hasn’t aired yet? I get a lot of false positive downloads for content that hasn’t even aired yet. It would be great if there was a way to specify that it shouldn’t download content until ‘x’ number of hours before the show is due to be aired. Is that something that exists or is this more of a feature request?

Currently it is only a feature request.
Only downloading after an episode airs, plus maybe 6 hours or so would help to ensure better downloads, helping to avoid the false positives.

I really appreciate your interest in this as a feature — we can only hope the developers share in the desire .

Yes, this really needed.

Just renewing my interest in this topic. I really, really hope the developers make downloading after air date + as much as 24 hours an optional feature for those of us that believe it should be so …

Here’s hoping and keeping my fingers crossed…

Just been reading all the comments on this subject of TV episodes downloading before their actual release date. The files are now roughly the same size as other releases within the series. Which is now making the minimum size restriction feature non-effective, in weeding out bogus torrents and viruses. Will the very cleaver people that have almost perfected Sonarr please add a check box so we can at least prevent the bogus files from being downloaded. We will also then be able to use the delay profile as an extra defence against these bogus files.

I agree … just a little more perfection developers, please?

Well, it has been about a month since activity in this topic.

Here’s hoping that the developers adopt this change as it can only improve my enjoyment of the program, along with a growing group of others.

Oh, and a hearty thanks to the developers for such a fine program, in any event.

I harped here for a while and gave it a rest … Meanwhile, I continue to look at my Sonarr calendar each and every day at noon, one by one, I click each and every one of my episodes, from the previous nights airing, and tell them to automatically download. This has become so routine that I -almost- don’t mind now. I mean, if downloads only occurred after broadcast date plus a few hours then it would be completely automatic and I’d have absolutely nothing to do . Like I said, I’m used to my manual method — and, by the way, I DO NOT seem to ever get the junk files one would get when not using my manual method.

Well, anyway, here’s to wishing the developers make a change to the download logic and implement an option to “Download After Airdate, plus ?? Hours” … then I could stop my manual process . Thanks for your kind consideration.

Jumping in 46 days later to assert my continued interest in having what I believe to be a great feature added to the project.
I won’t bore everyone with the details this time … next time I’ll bore the heck out of you and re-state my feature request at length.

Been long time – 32 days it says.

There’s not been any updates to the software in a while … here’s hoping this meager feature request resonates with the developers and in their wisdom they’ve seen a way to implement the change.

Regardless, thanks to anyone, everyone, who’ve taken time out of their day to read this request thread. I’m happy with leaving it all on the table, as is, and say no more. I’ll not be re-stating my request any longer. If someone else wants to carry the banner and press on then please do, as I’m retiring from the endeavor.

It’s been grand. Take Care folks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.