Double copies of shows

So I’m noticing when looking through my Download folder… a fair amount of times I’m noticing 2 copies of the same show… same episode that is…

1 will be in “The Daily Show” for example… & 1 will just be in Downloads

I have not heavily configured my Sonarr so almost all settings are default

Windows 10 as an OS… Deluge as a client

Have you read the ((FAQ))?

This guy here: https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/wiki/FAQ doesn’t seem to mention anything about Double episodes or… multiple downloads of the same episode… ooor… well… the closest thing I found was…

People keep talking about “CDH” but none mention anything about it other than the acronym…

I’m not looking to collect shows… acquire them for all time…

I just want to tell the app what I want & it goes to fetch… & fetches the new episodes of the shows I watch as they come out based on my quality preference…

Once I delete them… gone forever…

Which I’ve also noticed even after deleting an episode of a new show I’ve watched on a series with Future enabled… sometimes it will still grab them additional times…

I seem to recall enabling an option… something to the tune of when I delete an episode… mark it as burned or some such thing…

The multiple copies of shows though is maddening… I find myself looking through my folders after I’ve watched a show to see if there are any other copies hiding anywhere… heh

So you’re downloading via a torrent client, and the episodes in question are still seeding when you notice this?

See ‘Seeding torrents aren’t deleted automatically’.

I think I might be noticing what seems to be going on…

So I’m using Deluge as my Download client & it seems like it’s leaving 1 identical download in both places.

1st place being the Deluge Downloads folder…

2nd place being the Sonarr specified folders per show & season…

There doesn’t seem to be a place in Deluge to just disable my download folder…

Any advice on what to try or anything else I could provide ?

This is expected behaviour with seeding torrents (as explained in the ((FAQ))). You can have Sonarr clean up torrents that have finished seeding automatically if you enable Remove Completed Downloads or you can remove them from Deluge manually.

1 Like

oh I see… well then I was thinking Sonarr would be moving the downloads as they completed to the show & season folders so that’s what had me thinking something was wrong…

Methinks alls well now… we’ll see how tonight’s downloads go… tyvm :slight_smile:

Uhm… so I’ve got one other not so much issue but curiosity & I think I’m set…

I only reference this thread because it mentions being able to seed to a certain % before removing the downloads…

I don’t see any places to configure that in Sonarr or Deluge… is it a torrent client feature so maybe I’d have to use uTorrent or something supporting it ?

As it stands now with Remove Completed Downloads enabled… what does it attempt to seed torrents to without any settings mods since I can’t seem to find where to anyway…

The default ratio or one I set… is there any time frame options for a threshold on when that ratio may or may not be met ?

I wouldn’t want stagnant torrents just sitting there that will never seed up 1:1 or better… which I suppose I can remove manually from time to time if that’s the current way of it…

If I can adjust my seed settings… it would be ideal if I could set different indexers I’m using with different seed stats… is that something I could do ?

It’s a download client feature, you may nee a plugin for deluge to do it.

They would seed forever since the client is responsible for stopping when seeding goals are met.

Depends if you have a plugin that can set different goals based on the tracker. I’ve heard rTorrent does, but I don’t know first hand.

1 Like

alright so I’m still noticing shows getting double… sometimes triple downloaded…

sometimes it will be shows I watch… seed for awhile & delete that are downloaded again… despite having Ignore Deleted Episodes enabled…

I also have Completed & Failed downloading all set to Yes…

Is there a log or something I can upload that would be more helpful than my yammering ?

Are the episodes ignored in Sonarr?
When you delete it are you deleting the whole folder or just the file? If you delete the whole folder Sonarr won’t see it as missing as it doesn’t rescan the series folder if it’s missing.
((Debug logs)) of the subsequent grabs would be the first step to investigate further.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.