Don't Assume Files are deleted

Hello,

Here’s my situation,

All the tv shows in sonarr are pointed to a union mount.

My main TV shows directory is part of the union.

When my main TV shows directory is not mounted however, the union mount remains mounted.

So sonarr, thinks my TV shows are still mounted, but the union mount will be empty inside.

So sonarr, goes and starts deleting the records of my downloads. It marks the files as trashed.

I have two requests,
Would it be possible to another some more user defined mount points that sonarr has to check?

And, would it be possible to have some sort of safety net in the scanning logic, that realizes ‘many files are being trashed, maybe somethings wrong?’ And then shows a message in health with a option to stop thats wrong or continue

Thanks,

And, would it be possible to have some sort of safety net in the scanning logic, that realizes ‘many files are being trashed, maybe somethings wrong?’ And then shows a message in health with a option to stop thats wrong or continue

Sonarr checks that the root folder exists and the root folder has at least one subfolder before processing a series folder. So when the main TV folder is unmounted, what is actually in the folder?

Previously Sonarr would only rescan a series if the series folder was present, which would break for anyone that watches and deletes files and deletes the series folder.

Can you elaborate?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.