Does sonarr know if a torrent includes subs or not? I want it to prioritize subs

I would like to set sonarr up somehow to prioritize episodes with English subs even if lower quality. How could I achieve this? I would like the actual torrents that have subtitles included instead of sub-zero or bazarr because they don’t seem to work so well a lot of the time.
Any tips? Thanks

Does sonarr know if a torrent includes subs or not?

Only if the file name indicates it does.

If they have some indication in the file name you could use Preferred words in v3 to achieve this, otherwise if specific release groups have subs you could also prefer those release groups. If neither is possible then there isn’t a way to achieve that.

Thanks for the reply. The information on whether or not the subs are included is usually in the nfo file. Does sonarr have access to that? I’m not a coder but if I could access that info I could probably hack something together for myself

No, it doesn’t get the NFO when checking releases (and not something we plan to do).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.