Docker - Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1342

I’m running Sonarr as a docker container through portainer.
Docker config :

#!/bin/bash

DOCKER_CONFIGS=$(pwd)
TZ=“Australia/ACT”

docker run -d
–name sonarr
-e PUID=1000
-e PGID=1000
-p 8989:8989
-e TZ="$TZ"
-v “$DOCKER_CONFIGS/data:/config”
-v “/media/element/plex/sonarr:/downloads”
–restart=unless-stopped
linuxserver/sonarr:latest

My /media/element/plex/sonarr is a mounted hd with following permission

0 drwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 48 Jan 23 20:38 sonarr

And use transmission-web (docker) as a client

2022-01-23 20:54:10.7|Error|DownloadedEpisodesImportService|Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /downloads/Debris.S01E13.1080p.PCOK.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-TOMMY[rarbg]. Ensure the path exists and the user running Sonarr has the correct permissions to access this file/folder

Permission as default

Please help

1. you should never touch that permissions section in Sonarr - read the orange font

2. what user and group is 1000

3. why do you have your library folder names downloads? Your root folder and your download folder cannot be the same

Does transmission download to /downloads?

If so then why are you presumably ignoring the healthcheck yelling to you about downloading into your root folder?

https://wiki.servarr.com/docker-guide

Hi there,
1- I didn’t touch the permission, screenshot is with the default value.
2-
pi@pi4:~ $ id
uid=1000(pi) gid=1000(pi) groups=1000(pi),4(adm),20(dialout),24(cdrom),27(sudo),29(audio),44(video),46(plugdev),60(games),100(users),105(input),109(netdev),117(lpadmin),995(docker),997(gpio),998(i2c),999(spi)
3-
OK, I removed the /download as root folder, but that doesn’t get me anywhere yet.

Transmission docker config

#!/bin/bash
DOCKER_CONFIGS=$(pwd)
TZ=“Australia/ACT”

docker run -d
–name=transmission
–network=container:pia
-e PUID=1000
-e PGID=1000
-e TZ="$TZ"
-e TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME=/transmission-web-control/
-e USER=tm
-e PASS=tm
-v $DOCKER_CONFIGS/config:/config
-v $DOCKER_CONFIGS/downloads:/downloads
-v $DOCKER_CONFIGS/watch:/watch
-e VIRTUAL_HOST=“192.168.1.16”
-e VIRTUAL_PORT=“9091”
–restart unless-stopped
linuxserver/transmission

0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 21 Jun 18 2021 downloads -> /media/exthd/torrents

read the guides as instructed

your paths are poor and more importantly inconsistent. - why do you want double space used for all seeding torrents…not that they can import because the path transmission downloads to does not exist within the world of Sonarr

transmissions is also the worst client for automation and does not support proper categories

Are you helping me or criticising me? And what this double-space about? If you think transmission doesn’t support sonarr, why don’t you just say so. Yes I have read the doco and tried everything and I’m new to this that’s why I’m here to ask, I’m no pro.

No you haven’t if you did you wouldn’t be asking this

And what this double-space about?

If you think transmission doesn’t support sonarr, why don’t you just say so.

Not what I said. Transmission is not not supported. Transmission is just a poor client as it does not support categories.

and tried everything

Based on your provided paths you have not actually put in any effort to follow the guides.

Where do the guides say that /path/abc:/downloads to transmission and /path/def:/downloads to sonarr is acceptable and consistent? You’re saying /downloads are two different host directories thus you will never ever have a functioning setup,

I’m no pro.

No pro needed…just a basic reading comprehension and following steps

For some people they can read the guides and have their setup fixed in an hour…for others they need to re-read the guides dozens of times over a week until it finally clicks for them…it’s not a hard concept

alternatively if you can’t be bothered to understand docker then don’t use docker.

I’m ok with the short answer of having double storage.
But that what I want, once transmission completed the download, I want it to copy its content to
/downloads/ in sonar. that’s not possible?

Not with your setup and inconsistent paths no it is not possible.

If you ever get around to actually reading and not skimming the guides and actually acting on them then yes.

1 Like

I would just ignore bakerboy. If you go through his posts, he regularly criticizes and berates people. Not sure what’s going on with his life that he needs to spend all day bullying people on an online forum.

2 Likes

There is always method to the madness. I figure out the issue I’m, having. Its not the transmission (although its not the best client out there) or my folder structure. I have also notice this is most common asked issue here.

Issue was within remote path mapping.
if client downloading its files to \media\torrents\complete\sonar
Remote path would be what client see, \sonar
and local path would be how sonarr accessing the download folder, which can be symlink to \media\torrents\complete
and if you have plex and plex using \media\plex for example. Can link that path as your movie, so sonarr will move torrents file to plex location.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.