Deleted TV show

Sonarr version (exact version): Last
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):Last
((Debug logs)) (posted to hastebin or similar):
Description of issue (if you think you’ve found a bug please include steps to reproduce): Hi, i’m surprised a TV show (stopped) has been deleted, no more files. Any idea ? Thanks

Honest questions, if you aren’t going to put the minimal effort to answer a few questions, how can you expect someone to go out of their way to help you?

1 Like

Hi, i’m fine, thank you. I’me expecting help from support, not troll. See you.

Considering @kayone is one of the developers AKA “support” and not a troll and asking a legitimate question do you still want help?

We don’t ask for a lot of information and when we ask for a specific version we want to know the specific version, it helps us easily identify an issue and even helps people coming to the thread months later when the latest version is something completely different.

Based on your comment it sounds like you’re wondering how a series was removed from Sonarr and all its files were deleted, if not let us know, but nothing in Sonarr will automatically remove a series, that will only happen if its removed through the UI or via the API (such as through a 3rd party app) and the delete files option was checked. Its also possible to remove the files for a series from the UI or API. Sonarr will remove files in order to import an upgrade, but that information will be logged and show up in Sonarr’s history.

1 Like

I know that he is part of your team, what i don’t know is why he could answered like this ? Indeed, if he doesn’t tolerate people asking for help without providing enough information …

I’ll we give all the information when back home.

Regards

The information

Thanks

My bad, yes, i still want help.

I answered the best I could given the information provided, if what I interpreted wasn’t you issue please elaborate.

1 Like

Ok, i thought you needed the releases version and the log.

You should at least update to the latest master release (v2.0.0.3953).

As Markus said, Sonarr doesn’t arbitrarily delete episode files except during upgrades.
But your description of the issue isn’t clear at all. Did you mean the show was deleted, or just the files?

However your log is littered with errors and warnings. Mostly related to disappearing files/torrents.

So you should start with explaining how everything is configured:

• Which download client?
  • Where are series stored? locally or on a nas?
  • Do you use symlinks/hardlinks? (if you don’t know what that means, the answer is likely ‘no’)
  • Did you configure a separate category/label for sonarr in your download client?
  • Do you have another app installed, or your download client configured to auto-remove stuff?

For example:

16-4-14 19:54:46.1|Warn|DiskTransferService|Failed to completely transfer [/Users/antoinebachelay/Downloads/Torrents/elementary.s04e20.1080p.web.dl.6ch.hevc.x265.rmteam.mkv] to [/Volumes/Multimedia 2 HD/Series/Elementary/S04/Elementary S04E20 - Art Imitates Art WEBDL-1080p.mkv], retrying [1/2].
16-4-14 19:54:49.2|Warn|ImportApprovedEpisodes|Couldn't import episode /Users/antoinebachelay/Downloads/Torrents/elementary.s04e20.1080p.web.dl.6ch.hevc.x265.rmteam.mkv

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: /Users/antoinebachelay/Downloads/Torrents/elementary.s04e20.1080p.web.dl.6ch.hevc.x265.rmteam.mkv does not exist
File name: '/Users/antoinebachelay/Downloads/Torrents/elementary.s04e20.1080p.web.dl.6ch.hevc.x265.rmteam.mkv'
  at System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) [0x001bd] in /private/tmp/source-mono-mac-4.2.0-branch-c6sr1/bockbuild-mono-4.2.0-branch/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-4.2.2/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:112
  at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.CopyFile (System.String source, System.String destination, Boolean overwrite) [0x000a8] in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:191
  at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TryCopyFileTransactional (System.String sourcePath, System.String targetPath, Int64 originalSize) [0x0003d] in m:\BuildAgent\work\6c3239faf2b92630\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:302

So sonarr is trying to import a file from your download client, and suddenly the file is gone?

1 Like

[quote=“Taloth, post:10, topic:10430”]
I’ve just updated it.

• Which download client? Transmission (Mac) 2.92
  • Where are series stored? locally or on a Anas? Locally, on external hard drives
  • Do you use symlinks/hardlinks? (if you don’t know what that means, the answer is likely ‘no’) No
  • Did you configure a separate category/label for sonarr in your download client? No
  • Do you have another app installed, or your download client configured to auto-remove stuff? No

I’m talking about a stopped tv show, Dig, i had all the episodes, and then i discovered that all the .mkv were missing.

Thanks

Tnx for the answers.

The log you posted doesn’t contain episode file removals for Dig, but that could just be because it happened in an earlier log.
You could search those earlier log files to see if it mentions anything about deletions with regard to Dig.

You may want to configure Sonarr to use a category/directory in transmission. That way we can be sure Sonarr only sees downloads that were grabbed by Sonarr. (see screenshot below)

Secondly, you may want to enable a Recycle Bin, it’s in Settings->Media Management->Recycle Bin. You simply specify a folder (preferably on that external drive). If sonarr deletes something (for example, because a higher quality version was downloaded and is about to be imported), it will get moved to that recycle bin instead.

1 Like

Thank you.

I created a dedicated category and a dedicated sub folder in Transmission, but in sonarr i was only able to specify the category, for the folder i have the following message : “Cannot use Category and Directory”

That’s because Sonarr doesn’t support Transmission’s built-in categories. (mostly because only the mac version of Transmission does have em). So instead it uses the ‘category’ as subdirectory name.
I suggest you leave the category empty, and fill in the dedicated sub folder in the Directory field.

1 Like

Ok, thanks

Hi,

FYI, since i specified a directory name in the Directory field DL were stopped with this message :
Couldn’t add report to download queue. Elementary.S04E21.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-RARBG: download directory path is not absolute

I deleted it, Transmission is working again.

Bye.

Sry, missed your reply.

The directory field needs to be a full path to that subdirectory. not just the subdirectory name.

No problem :slight_smile:

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.