Deleted files and ignore setting - once again

From an old thread on this topic in January. Sorry for the repeat, but…

markus101Team Sonarr Jan '16:

If the setting is still set then it didn’t forget about it. Was the episode still monitored?

When the file is detected as deleted by Sonarr it is ignored, if its remonitored for whatever reason then that setting is irrelevant

Markus, I hope you see this, but I do not understand this answer. I believe, like many others, that this behavior is wrong or not properly working. I have many monitored series because they are still showing, but need to delete the previous seasons (or episodes) because they are watched or I need space. Yet, they are constantly being downloaded again and replaced again and again. I delete, it comes back. The setting for ignore deleted is set to on.

Maybe we need a Monitor New Episodes setting, that only cues new releases? I am not sure how that might work other than Sonarr knowning which release is current. Even better, EACH SEASON should have it’s own “Ignore Deleted” or “ignore old” setting. There are some monitored series that I want old, while others I only want the current or new. I really would like it to stop adding old episodes that I have deleted or are just old and I don’t care about to the queue. (Or is there a way to tell Sabnzbd to queue on pause mode, so I can choose to get it or not?)

Thanks for a great program. Fix this, and I will be off the the donate button for sure.

-KMS

If the setting is enabled and Sonarr previously saw the episode in the series folder, upon disk rescan it will unmonitor it.

If Sonarr never saw the episode on disk or the setting was not enabled when Sonarr detected it was missing then it won’t unmonitor it.

You can use Season Pass to tell Sonarr to only monitor future episodes (from the point in time it’s executed). A setting to only monitor future episodes wouldn’t work because they’d be ignored as soon as they completed airing.

Why? You have the option when adding the series to tell Sonarr which episodes to monitor, All, Future, Missing, etc (same options on Season Pass).

Sure, set the Older priority to Paused in Sonarr’s SAB settings.

Thank you. I did a manual unmonitored for now on old seasons (which I just realized how to do) and will check out these settings now.

Much appreciated.

(Or is there a way to tell Sabnzbd to queue on pause mode, so I can choose to get it or not?)

Sure, set the Older priority to Paused in Sonarr’s SAB settings.

I think I got this, but what is Sonarr’s “SAB” setting and where do I find that. I looked and see nothing like that. Sorry. And thanks.

The SABnzbd download client settings in Sonarr (where you tell Sonarr how to connect to SABnzbd).

1 Like

Ah, got it. It was a level deeper than I realized. It was set to on, so that is good. Thanks.

BUT…

OK, older items set to paused. Settings on everything set to "monitored only."
In EVERY series I have, I have unchecked the monitor “tab” (the little flag is not black) on all the old seasons.
I have ignore on deleted items turned on.

Today, all of season 9 was sitting paused in SABNZBD. Yesterday, it downloaded seasons 5 and 6 again, after I deleted them all a few days before when they downloaded. .

What the hell am I missing?

Solve this, I buy pizza with a donation! :slight_smile:

-KMS

Are the episodes in the seasons unmonitored? It’s possible they’re monitored, but the season isn’t.

I’d suggest going to Season Pass, select all the series, then tell Sonarr to monitor everything, then tell it to monitor future only.

Yes, I did check that. The little flags were all white. That was the first thing I checked. But I will try your idea here and see if that makes it better. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.