Delay Profile Tags

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.4949
Mono version: 4.6.2

I’m running Sonarr on a Synology NAS. I’m hoping that if I describe what I’m trying to achieve that someone can advise me on the easiest way to do it.

I am downloading via torrent only. I have four indexers set up; two for what will be tv, and two for anime with one for each of those being rss enabled and the other search enabled. I also only have continuing, and future episodes monitored. My understanding of that arrangement is that Sonarr should grab, and download new episodes as they appear on the two rss feeds only.

What I was trying to do was set up two delay profiles. For the tv feed, I want a delay of 16hrs so I have set the default delay profile to torrent only, and 960 minutes. For the anime feed, I don’t need that delay so I tried to add a second delay profile: torrent only, 0 mins, and entered the release group in the tag field. When trying to save this results in the error that the tag field must not be empty. Am I using this wrong, and if so how should it be done?

My other question relates to the indexers. If I have it correct then currently Sonarr will do nothing about older missing episodes, or those that don’t meet my cut-off, unless I initiate a manual or automatic search. I don’t believe it’s possible, but what I would like is for Sonarr to use the two indexers that are set as search only for those older episodes, and let it grab new episodes from the rss enabled indexers. The situation I’m trying to avoid is Sonarr picking up old torrents from the two rss enabled indexers, but I don’t care if it does so with the other two. I hope I’ve explained that clearly.

What you want with the delay profiles is not possible. There is no relationship between delay profiles and indexers. Delay profiles are there so you can globally or per-series define the type of download (usenet/torrent), not on which indexer it should look for them.

You cannot tie delay profiles and/or restricted word profiles to indexers (yet? I think I’ve seen people requesting that before).

More or less. Sonarr will not actively search for them. If missing or better quality episodes happen to pass by on RSS, it will grab them. But since you can’t see the future, it’s probably best to indeed do a manual/automatic search if you want them now.

That will almost work as you expect.
If you enable an indexer for search only, it will only be used for manual/automatic search.
If you enable an indexer for RSS only, it will only be used for RSS.

However. Old episodes may appear on RSS as well, causing them to be downloaded from your RSS indexer. So it’s not a 100% guarantee that old episodes will only come from your search-only indexer(s). Not sure how big of a problem that is?

Thanks for the reply.

I was still feeling confused over the delay profile tags, but I believe I understand it now. I need to give a tag to every show that I want zero delay with using edit series, and then use that tag to create the delay profile. Whether that will work exactly how I want I’ll have to wait and see.

That should be fine. I wasn’t expecting it to be a 100% guarantee. The ideal would be if it was all automated, and I could set Sonarr to use different indexers for different tasks; the two I currently have using rss for new episodes, and the other two to look only for older/missing episodes. I know that’s not possible though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.