Could not connect to sabnzbdplus

version 2.0.0.4753
Mono Version 4.2.3
AppData directory /home/greg/.config/NzbDrone
Startup directory /opt/NzbDrone
ubuntu 16.04
sabnzbdplus version 2.1.0RC1 [1968584]

sonarr log: https://pastebin.com/WDF5xFYf

Sonarr told me that it couldn’t connect to sabnzbd. I got concerned because I also just upgraded to the latest and greatest sabnzbd and wondered if that was the problem I checked this out and found its happened before and it tended to do with the firefox address for sonarr. My connection for sabnzb started with “localhost”. My actual ip was 127.0.0.1 (9100) so I changed the localhost to the ip and tested it and it told me that was successful. I then stopped sonarr, and restarted it, and there were no errors when it started. I also changed the ip back to localhost and repeated the above and that too said it succeeded. So, everything seems to be working, there are no errors, and I have, effectively done nothing. I just wanted to make sure all this means things are dandy (don’t want any surprises )

Thank you…

localhost should resolve to 127.0.0.1 so it shouldn’t really matter, if SAB was running I don’t have reasonable explanation for why it worked after restarting Sonarr, except if it resolved to something else and then was cached, but that’d be something at the OS level blowing up.

It should continue to work, but the fact that it did’t is odd, but I don’t think anything Sonarr can control (or we can really help troubleshoot why it stopped to begin with).

its just strange. as soon as I got the error I ran sabnzbd by itself and it worked fine. It will be interesting as I updated and upgraded and a lot of stuff happened (no errors) I will just keep plugging along. The interesting thing is that it happened the day before too but I didn’t get a notice and everything was working fine anyway. Strange…

Since I am here I have another question. When tv shows are listed they have a watched/downloaded and I wonder if one could add shows in season, ie:
watched/downloaded/shows in season If I have watched 3, downloaded 6, and the number of season shows is 12 then it would look like 3/6/12 . I suspect this should be in requests, apologies…

Sonarr doesn’t know what you have watched so that wouldn’t be possible, at least at this time.

thank you for the reply.

I did a lousy job explaining my thought. Let me try again. There is an existing discussion that looks like:

“Series view (table) - custom columns and downloaded/total episodes in season
What I’d like is to be able to see the number of episodes in the latest season, for instance a season is continuing with all episodes downloaded will show 15/15 when maybe there are 20 episodes in the season. So either have a column that says 20 episodes in latest season, or update the display to 15/15 (20) to show between brackets that there are 5 more episodes to download (considering the current information and broadcast schedule).”

I am suggesting that, instead of the 15/15 (20) that it would be 15/15/20. I further suggest that the ‘20’ gets updated as the number of total series episodes increases, irregardless of monitor settings. There is one new show, for instance, that has yet to screen and you currently have that show as having 4 (monitored) episodes which, over time, I am sure will be increased. In this case the user would then be able to tell how close, for instance, the season is before the end show is screened and how many actual episodes there are in a season.

This is, as I look around, a regular request from folks but, in every instance, there seems to be misunderstanding. I think the easy way to say it is that it would be nice to be able to tell, at a glance just how many episodes are in a given series. Right now, the only real way to tell is to open the series itself and check to see how many shows are in a given series rather than just seeing how many there are when displaying the series list.

1 Like

I think 15/15/20 is looks like a bad date, but 15/15 (20) makes sense. I think we can do something for this, thanks for the information.

Either way would be a real help - thanks for the reply…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.