[Could be a bug] Preferred Words for Release Titles and Filenames do not match

Not sure if this is a bug or is just not implemented.

I have many strict preferred word regex’s setup for show releases and Sonarr grabs and sends to the download client accordingly. However, once the episode/file is downloaded, Sonarr uses the filename to determine preferred words score instead of the release title it grabbed that file from.

To be specific:

As listed on nyaa.si, the release

[LostYears] Attack on Titan: The Final Season - Part 2 (WEB 1080p Hi10 AAC E-AC-3) [Dual-Audio] | Shingeki no Kyojin

contains the preferred words LostYears and Dual Audio with a preferred words score of 1000.

However, the filename for each episode is listed as

[LostYears] Attack on Titan - S04E17 (WEB 1080p Hi10 AAC E-AC-3)

only containing LostYears as preferred words and with a score of 250.

Some releases contain several preferred words, putting them at the top of the search or RSS Sync but do not contain any preferred words in their filename, causing Sonarr to download but never import said file due to that file not being of a higher preferred words score than the current file.

Not a bug, Sonarr uses the release name on grab and the file name on import. If your indexer changes the release name or the file name is poor you’ll have issues.

We’re discussing ways on how it can be improved, but it’s complicated.

Ah, I see. Good to know, thanks.

Forgive the ignorance, but would it not be possible to add an option/flag to a certain tag letting Sonarr know to ignore filenames (or something along those lines)? Similar to how you can ‘Not Prefer’ Propers and Repacks, but on a per-tag level and for preferred word scoring methods.

Also, I know v4 is coming soon and that will bring Custom Formats, out of curiosity, is this something that Custom Formats will handle differently?

Edit: I see this has already been brought up on github. I’ll forward my input (if any) there

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.