Corrupt episodes after moving

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.0.348
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.18.0.240
Description of issue:
I’ve been running v3 for a few months now and it has been working perfectly for me. Over that time I frequently got feedback of my users that some episodes arent working. First I tought it’s their client or connection but soon after I got the same problem. I’ve been tracking down multiple possible sources of the problem and this is what I got too:

Sonarr runs on a ubuntu vm ond my esxi host. When the episode has been downloaded it gets moved to an other machine running unraid. What I have found out is that the episode is fine before it gets moved to the unraid machine. Is there a possibility that sonarr moves the file too soon?

Thanks for any help

It’s more likely you’re seeing the infamous issue with SMB shares and mono, Sonarr tries to overcome it, but it’s not always possible. NFS doesn’t have that problem, so it’s recommended if you need to use shares. Alternatively running directly on the unraid host (in docker) or using a Windows VM would avoid the issue as well.

Thanks for your reply, is this issue only present with Sonarr v3 or is it also present with v2 and I’ve been lucky?

No difference between v2 and v3 there, you’ve just been lucky.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.