Copying finished downloads

Version2.0.0.4949
Mono Version5.2.0.215
DietPi (Debian Linux)
Enabled debug logging now

Problem is simple. After a download is complete, through Deluge, it moves over the finished file but leaves the file behind. In other words it copies instead of moving which is odd. I want it to move. My Finished folder and Downloading folder are in the same directory and both of them have 777 permissions.

This is covered in the ((FAQ)).

If you mean “Seeding torrents aren’t deleted automatically” I will clarify that I am not seeding. I have my settings so that 0 tasks seed. However they aren’t deleted automatically from Deluge either.

Sonarr requires deluge to tell it that it’s finished seeding, by ratio and stopping/pausing the torrent, just because it’s not seeding doesn’t make Sonarr see it as finished seeding.

Then how do I fix that? I have had it working before with the same settings and permissions. What can I do to make it work again?

This is what Sonarr uses to determine that it has finished seeding:

• Torrent is auto managed (not sure what sets that on the deluge side)
  • Stop at ratio is set on the torrent
  • The ratio of the torrent meets or exceeds to stop ratio set
  • The torrent is paused

All of those conditions need to be met.

All those conditions are met as far as I know. If you want to be less vague then I would be positive. That’s why I am here as I don’t know why it is copying not moving.

Less vague about what?

((Debug logs)) of the import process will show additional info and ((trace logs)) may show the response from deluge (not sure if it does offhand), which can be used (if logged) to verify that all required conditions are met.

Here are the debug logs.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjFcq3lB7rLHgaQIenWeVg-bdnvPlQ

It’s 37mb compressed into a 2mb file. If you can see what is wrong from them that would help as I can’t read them.

Based on the logs Sonarr is moving the files, not copying them:

17-9-19 12:58:39.5|Debug|EpisodeFileMovingService|Moving episode file: /media/Torrentz/Finished/the.orville.s01e02.1080p.web.x264-tbs.mkv to /media/Plex/T.V. Shows/The Orville/Season 1/The Orville S1 E2.mkv

I don’t see an instance where it copied the file instead of moving it and by the time that message is logged it’s decided whether it should move or copy the file.

New debug log. It hasn’t been moving them for a while. I have to manual move everything.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AjFcq3lB7rLHgaQPbEIfesWllhNXXA

Please enable ((trace logging)) and post a file that covers a complete import. Based on the latest log file you grabbed the debug log file before the import process completed.

All logs including Trace logs:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjFcq3lB7rLHgaQT6w8jBAJkuU5BAw

Now it successfully moves when I do a manual import but when it does a “Check For Finished Download” it completely ignores the files.

17-9-29 16:34:53.6|Debug|EpisodeFileMovingService|Moving episode file: /media/Torrentz/Finished/The.Orville.S01E04.1080p.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]/the.orville.s01e04.1080p.web.x264-tbs.mkv to /media/Plex/T.V. Shows/The Orville/Season 1/The Orville S1 E4.mkv
17-9-29 16:34:53.6|Debug|DiskTransferService|Move [/media/Torrentz/Finished/The.Orville.S01E04.1080p.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]/the.orville.s01e04.1080p.web.x264-tbs.mkv] > [/media/Plex/T.V. Shows/The Orville/Season 1/The Orville S1 E4.mkv]
17-9-29 16:34:53.7|Trace|SymbolicLinkResolver|Checking path /media/Plex/T.V. Shows/The Orville/Season 1/The Orville S1 E4.mkv for symlink returned error ENOENT, assuming it's not a symlink.
17-9-29 16:34:53.7|Trace|DiskTransferService|Attempting to move hardlinked backup.
17-9-29 16:44:21.1|Trace|DiskTransferService|Hardlink move succeeded, deleting source.
17-9-29 16:44:21.1|Trace|DiskProviderBase|Deleting file: /media/Torrentz/Finished/The.Orville.S01E04.1080p.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]/the.orville.s01e04.1080p.web.x264-tbs.mkv
17-9-29 16:44:21.4|Debug|EpisodeService|Linking [Season 1/The Orville S1 E4.mkv] > [[9886]If the Stars Should Appear]

10 minutes to move a file… that’s pretty slow.

Some older entries have similar times. I think your IO is just really slow.

I’m using an ODROID XU4. It might also be slow as they are manually moved at the same time CouchPotato was auto moving files.

That doesn’t really explain how Sonarr ignores my downloads though.

No move operation should take 10 minutes, if it does then you have a serious problem. The only time something can be that slow is if it’s being copied to another filesystem.

But we can’t help you if you’re not specific. Come with an exact release/download that isn’t being imported. Search for it in the trace logs. Check the source and destination directory to see which files are still where.
You can’t just say “It doesn’t work” and expect us to be able to come with a solution.

So far you’re being quite contradictory in your posts.
You started this thread with the complaint that Sonarr copied the files, leaving the original in place. Which is completely expected if the seed ratio criteria haven’t been met yet (markus explained this).
Yesterday you said that Sonarr completely ignores the files, if it copied the files then, by definition, it can’t be ignoring them.
Further more, the logs indicated that at least some files were being moved, albeit slowly, and not copied.

Some of these misunderstandings could well be caused by a language barrier, and that’s fine, but please be more clear.

The initial problem escalated to just copying files to now completely ignoring them. As for the file system thing you brought up. The operating system is ext3 but it downloads to a NTFS SD card then moves them to a NTFS External hard drive.

Figured out why they were being ignored. Plugin at fault.

The plugin was installed to delete the left over torrent out of deluge.

Back to original problem where it copies the file and leaves it in Deluge. Attaching Sonarr Logs again.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjFcq3lB7rLHgaQU4FBvl8J6uMVWXg

I figured it out. Very simple issue.It was Deluge. I normally access it through the program installed on my windows computer because that is the only way to access the plugin settings. If I access via the browser I can change the setting I need to change to a 0 instead of the 0.5 the program keeps forcing the setting back to.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.