Connection to Backend Lost - Continuously

Hello again @Taloth,

Here is the .dmp file you have requested: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6SdVz5hFc0VWHI0Tk1oOTctSlU

Based on that dump it looks like you’re still on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (build 14393) which was released August 2016. Is it possible to update to a more recent Update? I’m not saying that’s the cause, but it’s one of the discrepancies I see between the dump and my own machine.

That’s interesting - my Windows states that it’s up to date. And it doesn’t actually tell me anywhere that it’s an Anniversary build. All mine says is:

Windows edition - Windows 10 Home (with copyright info). And that it’s a 64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor.

So I’ve done some reading on this and yes, when I do a winver it says: Microsoft Windows Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1770). Which doing a brief search proved to be what they are calling the “Anniversary Update”. This is their “Latest and Greatest” (so they say). I do not have another copy to try as this came on my machine I’d bough back in May. Interestingly, Sonarr worked flawlessly for about 3 months. This issue arose sometime in July (if memory serves). I’ve gone through my installs (including listed updates) and found nothing that was installed or updated during that month at all.

Curious - the 64bit resizer you sent worked fine, but the 32bit one crashes. Did Sonarr go from being 64bit, down to 32bit? Or, is there a reason (I know you said that 32bit is preferred) that Sonarr isn’t 64bit considering most machines are more than capable of running that? (these are really just shots in the dark - please do not take these as criticism, I mean them only to as questions to increase my understanding.

Sonarr was always 32bit, we might go 64bit in the future, but it saves us from providing and testing two versions.

1607 is the Anniversary Update (August 2, 2016)
1703 is the Creators Update (April 5, 2017)
1709 is the Fall Creators Update (October 17, 2017)

So i’d say you’re definitely behind.

As I said, I don’t know if that’s the cause, but it’s preventing me from reliably comparing how your system runs the test app vs mine.

I just upgraded to the latest version of Windows (version 1709), and although the Sonarr Icon is not present in my task bar area, it does appear to be running. I guess I didn’t realize that keeping “up to date” with Windows 10 releases was something you had to manually do. As of this point, I will say thank you as it appears to be working as intended. I will give it about a week. If after that time it’s still performing as expected, I will send many praises your way and consider it fixed. Thank you so much for all the help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.