Confused about profile cutoff

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4146
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):
Debug logs (posted to hastebin or similar): http://hastebin.com/ajedumoyig.coffee
Description of issue:

Hi,

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong with my profile. I have a show (Girls) which had every episode with 720p HDTV. Sonarr just downloaded all the episodes in Bluray format. My cutoff is set to 720p Web-DL which is the lowest priority, so this shouldn’t be happening, right? Why did it download? Thanks

We’d need to see the ((debug logs)) of the grabs to see why it grabbed them, but based on your profile it shouldn’t have. Did Sonarr see the files as HDTV-720p or had it detected them as a lower quality?

Ah damn I didn’t have debug logging enabled :confused: I have it on now so if it happens again, I’ll be ready…

Yeah Sonarr saw the files as HDTV 720p. Sonarr grabbed them in the first place when the episode first aired. Strange.

From my understanding… it looks like the behavior is correct (unless I have it completely wrong).

If the show is still being monitored, according to your profile, your cut-off is “WEBDL-720P” and it is the last option in your auto search from RSS.

However since you initially downloaded the “HDTV-720P” versions, but the show is still monitored, if the scene has released the “Bluray-720P” - and your cutoff has not been met, it will download the higher quality version as it is at the top of your profile list. (Based on searching top down)

If you didn’t want the “Bluray-720P” to supersede the “HDTV-720P”, then just slide it above.

Hi, That’s not how it works. Cut off is when Sonarr stops downloading. Since my cutoff is the lowest priority, it shouldn’t download Bluray if it has HDTV, or HDTV if it has WEB-DL. I think it was just a weird glitch because usually it works fine.

Fair enough… though if it is a glitch, that’s how mine seems to work.

I understand the cutoff, but if you need it the way you’ve described, shouldn’t your profile list be in the following order?:

• WEB-DL
  • HDTV
  • Bluray

So in your current setup… the cutoff would not be met, as you already had a version higher than your cutoff based on your profile list - hence the Bluray versions were pulled down because they were “more preferred” than HDTV versions.

@mixolyd grab a screen shot of the episode history. It should show the grab and import events.
My guess is that the first file was never imported, but history will show that.

@rastlin If the existing file is higher or equal to the Cutoff then nothing else should be grabbed. Since his Cutoff was at the lowest, no upgrades should ever be performed.

@Taloth Thanks for the info…

I guess I like to see my “cutoffs” met and have set it up accordingly.

I’m not sure what you mean, got a feeling this is all some misunderstanding. Did you mean ‘most preferred’ instead of ‘cutoff’?

I think you’re right… I must have confused myself along the way.

Failed to realise that cutoff was an explicit stop also on higher quality (not just equal to) and assumed the “more preferred” continued to process the list.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.