Completed Episodes are not being imported from completed folder (when using SABNZBD 1.0.0)

It looks like SAB isn’t returning any history when the category value series is provided to the api call. I tested this directly from my browser, and “slots” is an empty element when category is included, but when i remove category from the URL the slots shows my download history as it is meant to. Looks like this is something SAB will have to look at.

I imagine i will need to just use the drone factory for the time being? I will get in touch with the SAB ppl to find out why this is happening. I double checked in the JSON history that is returned (when no category is specified), and each of the slot items in question is definitely showing the series category, so something is definitely amiss.

It appears that it must be related to categories that existed prior to the upgrade from 0.7.20 to 1.0.0. I created a new category “sonarr” in SAB and updated the settings in sonarr to use this same category, and everything works perfectly. The api history being returned includes the items in question, and imports and moves everything. I will post to SAB about this, but this seems to be the culprit!

1 Like

I’ve got exactly the same issue as you mentioned. Everything worked perfectly until the upgrade to 1.0.0 of Sab. Series all remain in the main folder and are not being moved to there designated folders and season folders.
I’ll try with a new category like you mentioned…

To confirm, i just downgraded Sab to 0.7.20 and everything is working like before.

yeah, creating a new category works too, but only going forward. I also had to wonder if sab was perhaps not allowing certain words as categories in their api call. Even deleting my old series category and then creating a new one fails, but using sonarr seems to work no problem.

yeah indeed. When i delete the old category and rename it, series > series1, it works. If i then rename it back to the old name, series, it fails again.

I didn’t see that with the RC releases, I kept using the same category that I have for years. Definitely odd, seems like an odd edge case bug.

Could it possibly be related to the actual category name “series”?

Forgot to mention that i’m using Sab 1.0 on OSX …

I too have this problem on windows, been manually importing shows since upgrading to V1 on Saturday.

It’s looking like it. The API call from Sonarr to SAB is succeeding, but no results are returned, something that the SAB team with need to address.

Same for me.

Exact same problem here, sonarr and sabnzbd running on freeNAS.
I used the drone factory workaround for now.

Would the original poster please update this thread with the link to where the problem was reported to sabnzbd so we can follow the progress?

I can confirm the advice above to just rename SABnzbd category from “series” to something else (I made mine “series_all”) will fix the problem. Existing queue items seem locked on the old category and will need manual post-processing but all new items use the new category and work. Thanks for this tip - saved me huge frustration.

1 Like

I was having issues signing into the SAB forum, but finally managed to get in today so I have reported this, so if you can all go add your voice to this, we can get them to take it seriously and fix it!

Here is the link to the SABNZBD forum post: http://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20464

SABnzbd dev here:
The bug has been found and will be fixed for 1.0.1 release. Any category name except ‘series’ will work in the current 1.0.0 release, as a workaround.

4 Likes

@S_Safihre Tnx for looking into it and letting us know.

1.0.1 is now available:

(it’s still Release Candidate, but since changes are minor this will also probably be the stable)

2 Likes

I can confirm that this version solved my issues with download handling. so far at least

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.