Completed Episodes are not being imported from completed folder (when using SABNZBD 1.0.0)

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.3953
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): N/A
Debug logs (posted to hastebin or similar):
Description of issue (if you think you’ve found a bug please include steps to reproduce):
http://hastebin.com/xegehikige.1c

I only noticed this this morning, all my queued itemsf rom the previous day were showing up as not available, but i checked SABNZBDs history and they had all downloaded without issue and were sitting in the completed downloads folder. I went in and manually moved them all and did a manual scan.

I then ran some tests with some backlog episodes i haven’t downloaded but could use to see what was happening. So i queued an episode up through the manual search feature in Sonarr. Everything was working as expeceted, nzb was queued in sabnzbd, sonarr was tracking the download completion fine. Then sabnzbd completes the download and sonarr gets to a 100%, and then the episode just says “episode missing from disk”. Doesn’t show that it failed or anything. I go look in the completed downloads folder and the completed download is there.

I enabled the drone factory and that pulled in the episodes without issue, so there can’t be a permissions issue on the completed download folder. To further make sure this couldn’t be an issue I created a new set of completed downloads folders and update sabnzbd to use the new folders, making sure that the security on those folders gave everyone full control (not the most secure, but no way that a permission could be causing this issue).

I thought it might be a sabnzbd issue, since that just updated to v1.0.0, but that can’t be right either since the download tracking is working, and the files are being placed in the correct download folder, so it can’t be something there.

i restarted sonarr, and manually queued up an episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver S01E06 for testing purposes. While this downloaded Sonarr ran an rss sync, which i removed fromt he above log because hastebin complained that the document was too long. The log above represents everything else in the log from when sonarr restart to when i queued up the episode and to when it was finished downloading. The finished file is inside my completed downloads folder but is not being imported. Sonarr shows that episode as being missing from the disk, but does not list the download as failed or completed nor imported. So there is something seriously awry.

Hoping someone can advise on why this is happening.

Thanks

I’ve managed to temporarily use the drone factory to import these episodes, but based on what I’ve read this isn’t the best way to do this. Hoping someone can help soon.

I’ve done further digging around. It appears that the issue is directly related to the latest release of SABNZBD. For some reason when items are finished in v1.0.0 sonar does not pick them up as complete.

I downgraded my sabnzbd installation to previous version (0.7.20) and suddenly sonarr popped up with 11 episodes that had been “completed” that it was trying to import but couldn’t find (since i had done these manually). Testing again now while running v0.7.20, and the episode downloaded and was imported without any error or issue.

Not sure if this is an issue Sonarr would need to address or one that SABNZBD would need to address, or both?

For now I will run 0.7.20, but am hopeful a resolution is forthcoming (or at least a fix, I can’t imagine I am the only person with this issue).

Thanks

I’ve been running the preleases for a while and never had an issue, I juts upgraded to 1.0 on my test machine and it imported without issue. Trace logs would be helpful to determine if something is coming back from SAB that Sonarr doesn’t expect.

I’ve upgraded to 1.0.0 again, and enabled Trace Logs, will queue some random episodes up and test, if the problem is still there I will send along the trace logs.

Still seems to be doing the same as before, here are the trace logs: http://hastebin.com/gexunasare.tex

In terms of what is in SAB, the download has completed successfully:

The trace logs show that Sonarr is checking for completed downloads, but somehow isn’t seeing them.

My setup basically has sab putting unpacked files into a completed folder, and Sonarr usually picks them up from there. I have never had to configure my Drone Factory folder and everything seems to work without it, until I upgraded to 1.0.0

Hopefully the trace logs reveal something?

SAB’s history isn’t returning anything. Sonarr is now able to filter history to items in the category specified in Sonarr, the history item shows a category of series is Sonarr set to use the same one?

Yeah, has been set up to use that category since i started using Sonarr with SAB, have included my SAB config below:

It looks like SAB isn’t returning any history when the category value series is provided to the api call. I tested this directly from my browser, and “slots” is an empty element when category is included, but when i remove category from the URL the slots shows my download history as it is meant to. Looks like this is something SAB will have to look at.

I imagine i will need to just use the drone factory for the time being? I will get in touch with the SAB ppl to find out why this is happening. I double checked in the JSON history that is returned (when no category is specified), and each of the slot items in question is definitely showing the series category, so something is definitely amiss.

It appears that it must be related to categories that existed prior to the upgrade from 0.7.20 to 1.0.0. I created a new category “sonarr” in SAB and updated the settings in sonarr to use this same category, and everything works perfectly. The api history being returned includes the items in question, and imports and moves everything. I will post to SAB about this, but this seems to be the culprit!

1 Like

I’ve got exactly the same issue as you mentioned. Everything worked perfectly until the upgrade to 1.0.0 of Sab. Series all remain in the main folder and are not being moved to there designated folders and season folders.
I’ll try with a new category like you mentioned…

To confirm, i just downgraded Sab to 0.7.20 and everything is working like before.

yeah, creating a new category works too, but only going forward. I also had to wonder if sab was perhaps not allowing certain words as categories in their api call. Even deleting my old series category and then creating a new one fails, but using sonarr seems to work no problem.

yeah indeed. When i delete the old category and rename it, series > series1, it works. If i then rename it back to the old name, series, it fails again.

I didn’t see that with the RC releases, I kept using the same category that I have for years. Definitely odd, seems like an odd edge case bug.

Could it possibly be related to the actual category name “series”?

Forgot to mention that i’m using Sab 1.0 on OSX …

I too have this problem on windows, been manually importing shows since upgrading to V1 on Saturday.

It’s looking like it. The API call from Sonarr to SAB is succeeding, but no results are returned, something that the SAB team with need to address.

Same for me.