Completed downloads not being copied over

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4855
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.0.1.1
((Debug logs)): https://pastebin.com/JNubUW7P
(Make sure debug logging is enabled in settings and post the full log to hastebin/pastebin/dropbox/google drive or something similar, do not post them directly here)
Description of issue: When downloads finish in Transmission they aren’t copied over to the completed folder as expected. This was working well before (about 1.5 months ago last I checked) but I’m not sure what’s gone wrong now. Also when the episode is downloading in Transmission, I no longer see a progress bar all I see is the missing episode icon.
My Transmission version is 2.84 (14307)

Do you have Transmission setup to remove the downloads when they complete?
Is Completed Download Handling enabled in Sonarr?

Complete Download Handling is enabled (see image below) and I do not have Transmission setup to remove completed downloads. Could this be an issue?

If Transmission was setup to remove them then yes.
Is Transmission setup to move completed downloads to a different folder for seeding?
Does anything show in Activity: Queue in Sonarr?

Transmission is not moving any completed downloads. The files are still in the same download location. In the past Sonarr was moving them to a new location then deleting the files.

Nothing shows up in the activity queue only in the history. However I tried deactivating Transmission and new downloads got queued up if that helps…

Can you gather a few minutes of ((trace logs)) when there is a completed download in Transmission and post those along with a screenshot of your transmission settings in Sonarr?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Coulnd’t add report to download queue

Here’s the trace logs https://pastebin.com/aU0zvpF6

And the transmission settings

I meant these settings:

oh…here they are;

17-8-1 09:14:27.7|Trace|CommandQueueManager|Publishing CheckForFinishedDownload
17-8-1 09:14:27.7|Trace|CommandQueueManager|Checking if command is queued or started: CheckForFinishedDownload
17-8-1 09:14:27.7|Trace|CommandQueueManager|Command is already in progress: CheckForFinishedDownload

I see this several times, which indicates that the last time it ran it didn’t complete, restarting Sonarr will clear that and let it process again, but if it re-occurs you’ll need ((trace logs)) from when it stopped processing so we can see why it’s not completing.

I restarted Sonarr several times as well as my computer before posting. Anyhow, I’ve restarted it again and attempted to download an episode immediately and still the same problem. Here’s the trace log https://pastebin.com/wyWqbm1D

It looks like Sonarr attempted to import one file and then it failed to progress past that.

It stalls here:

17-8-1 15:59:32.1|Trace|DiskProviderBase|Deleting file: /media/nas/nas0/series/Better Call Saul/Season 3/Better.Call.Saul.S03E10.CONVERT.1080p.WEB.h264-TBS[rarbg].mkv.partial~
17-8-1 15:59:32.2|Trace|DiskTransferService|Attempting to move hardlinked backup.

Is that partial file still there?
How big is that partial file?
How is the NAS mounted on the system running Sonarr (SMB/SIFS, NFS, etc)?

Yes it is. A few days ago I also noticed a couple of files in other series copied over with .partial extensions.

about 3GB

It’s simply a hard drive connected via USB on the same machine as Sonarr. it’s not an actual NAS, just the way i named the path for the mounted drive

Not sure if this might help but this error appeared today under status. I downloaded an episode and next I checked I saw this
Unable to communicate with Transmission. Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: ‘System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream’.

When I checked Transmission settings I was getting an authentication error even though nothing changed. Re-entering my details seemed to fix it.

Do the permissions on the partials file(s) allow Sonarr to write to the file?
Which file system is on the USB drive?
It seems like something is preventing Sonarr from deleting the file after it’s been copied there.

Would you be able to do a test with one series (either add a new one or move an existing one) and have Sonarr import to another disk instead of the USB drive? That way we may be able to narrow it down to an issue with the USB drive/how it’s mounted/something with permissions.

Thanks @markus101. It turns out there was an issue with the drive and Ubuntu (The disk I/O process was too slow). It looks like when the copy failed it froze all subsequent copies so even when I changed the disks I couldn’t get any files to copy over. I had to delete all files from the download folder and Transmission, put in the new disk then it all started working again.

Another thing that might be helpful to someone else is if you’re having copy issues in Ubuntu and you’re using usbmount, you’ll need to turn off “safe sync” in /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf. That fixed the main issue of the files not getting copied over in the first place.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.