Complete Download Handling and My Setup

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5344
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):5.0.1.1
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I’m currently using Sonarr without any issues in conjunction with ruTorrent. However I’ve been looking to find a solution to having the downloads deleted after a set time. In ruTorrent I can easily set it to delete the torrent after say 4 weeks of seeding but since Sonarr is creating a hardlink to the Plex directory it doesn’t completely remove the file.

I saw that Sonarr has a complete download handling removal function which isn’t supported by ruTorrent. So I’m looking to switch to either Transmission or Deluge as my client. But reading about the Deluge implementation it seems like the torrent must also meet a seed ratio requirement before it is considered completed.

So my question is if I want Sonarr to be able to delete torrents that are 4 weeks old, doesn’t matter the seed ratio etc what would be the best client to switch to?

The hardlink wouldn’t have any bearing on rTorrent removing the torrent. Either side of the hardlink can be deleted and the other will remain. If you’re purely going for seed time and you’ll be able to verify that Sonarr hasn’t missed an import this should be fine, but not recommended in most cases since removing can cause issues if Sonarr hasn’t yet imported.

I believe transmission has the same limitation, qbittorrent does have time limits though.

v3 has improvements for seeding goals, at least for transmission, not sure about the other clients offhand, rtorrent remains unchanged.

That’s the exact problem I’m having with hardlinks, I want to be able to delete the file completely after the 4 weeks of seeding is up from the torrent client, sonarr and Plex.

Trying to avoid having to write a Cron job or something to clear up all the files after 4 weeks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.