Client Download Websocket support

I just released the alpha version of my “download client” goTorrent

I already have had people asking me about integration into sonarr. I hope to do a 1.0 release early 2019 when I have my websocket API fully defined. Looking through the code it looks like essentially all of the download clients use a REST API for communicating with sonarr… is websocket integration possible with sonarr?

Not currently possible, we’d need to investigate further how we could integrate that in Sonarr and ensure it’s supported in mono, a quick search suggests it is possible.

Thanks for your quick reply! I’ll check back as soon as my API is defined. I suppose that as soon as I have my API defined I could look at adding a REST API aspect as well since I already have most of the logic.

I should also ask… is there a list of actions somewhere I could look at that you expect a download client to support?

The proxies for download clients in Sonarr break down what actions we call, such as uTorrent’s:

Currently we don’t make use of setting seeding limits, but it’s something we’d like to make use of.

The bare minimum would be:

• Adding torrents (.torrents and magnets)
  • Setting labels (bonus if it can be set when adding)
  • Removing torrents
  • Setting priority (again when adding is a bonus)
  • Fetching the list of torrents with a specific label (which would return status, progress, location on disk, etc)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.