Clarification on Notification functionality for Plex

Hi there! Just switched from SickBeard and am really enjoy Sonarr thus far. Very slick, great work!

I’m looking for some clarification on the notification functionality for Plex. What is it supposed to do, exactly?

My Plex test works, and Sonarr is telling Plex to refresh the library when the download is complete, so that’s great.

Was there some further functionality? I know a long time ago the media server used to be able to send messages to client (i.e. this show is now available etc.). Is that what this is referring to?

If so, then that’s not happening, I don’t know if I need to change any other settings on my Plex clients or servers to allow this.

If that’s not supposed to do that, then what is the value of the grab notification? If it’s just a library update I would think there’s only value on the download complete / processed.

Thanks so much!

Carson.

There are two Plex connections available, Plex Media Server and Plex Home Theatre the PMS connection will allow Sonarr to update Plex, the PHT connection will let you send UI notifications to systems running PHT.

1 Like

I didn’t realize that! I set up the other one and it works perfectly. Thanks so much!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.