CIFS permissions unable to set directory

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.6.1342
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 6.12.0.122

Debug logs:
2021-12-01 00:02:28.6|Warn|SonarrErrorPipeline|Invalid request Validation failed:
– Path: Folder is not writable by user sonarr

Description of issue:
Here is the related portion of fstab for my mount:
//192.168.0.202/TV /mnt/NAS-media/TV cifs guest,uid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,vers=1.0 0 0

Trying to set this as the root folder for Sonarr, the same folder was used by Sickbeard prior (Upgrade to 20.04 was recent)

I do see the following file appear in the TV folder so would seem it does have write access. I deleted and tried to set the root again to make sure it was creating the file.

/mnt/NAS-media/TV$ ls -la sonarr_write_test.txt
-rwxr-xr-x+ 1 moviebox nogroup 0 Dec 1 00:07 sonarr_write_test.txt

Thank you in advance for any help.

The user/group sonarr is running as cannot write the mount.

Hello bakerboy448,

Thank you for replying. I apologize for the delay in my response, I got a bit busy and couldn’t reply sooner.

Do you know where I would make this change? Also, when I try to configure the root directory, Sonarr does write that sonarr_write_test.txt file, wouldn’t that mean it has write permissions? Also, the mount is provided with guest access and 777 on the file and directory, I’m just super lost as where the issue lies.

Thanks again for any assistance.

For anyone following, I fixed my issue by changing the sonarr user/group from the default created one to my already created user used by my other services. The change was made with this command:

dpkg-reconfigure sonarr

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.