Change/add search strings in sonarr

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5301
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.8.0.127
Description of issue: Searching episodes with special char ’ should be configurable or else you won’t get all results.

/results/torznab/api?t=tvsearch&cat=5000,5030,5040&extended=1&apikey=(removed)&offset=0&limit=100&q=Youre%20the%20Worst%202014&season=5&ep=1

I get more results when I add the '. There a few shows where this happens: grey’s anatomy, you’re the worst for example. Thanks for your help!

typically shows are searched for on their id first - so long as the indexer can do that, that way it doesnt matter what the uploader has called it, youll find it, then i think it checks against their actual name and then any aliases.

youre the worst 2014 is that shows alias so check further up for the id and actual title to see if they are there as well

1 Like

It is weird though. The newly aired episode of you’re the worst was found on said tracker that uses '. But when I try to search manually for the older episodes sonarr doesn’t find these releases.

EDIT:

19-3-8 08:45:28.9|Info|DownloadDecisionMaker|Processing 94 releases
19-3-8 08:45:30.9|Info|DownloadService|Report sent to rtorrent. You're the Worst S05E09 1080p AMZN WEB-DL DD+ 5.1 H.264-CasStudio
19-3-8 08:45:31.3|Info|RssSyncService|RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 94, Reports grabbed: 1

So is rss sync different from using the function auto/manual search?

RSS Sync parses every release on the feed (usually the last 100 posted) and sees if it knows what series + episode it is and whether it’s needed.

Search relies on the indexer returning matching results and since most release groups don’t include special characters they are omitted when searching, on indexers that allow searching by IDs or aren’t as strict in matching this isn’t a problem.

Since Jackett is a wrapper for sites that don’t have an API and often only support very strict searches then you may not get all the results you’d see if you tweaked the search to exactly match what that particular indexer does.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.