Can't get Nzbdrone to see Shark Week episodes

So I just recently made the switch from Sickbeard to Nzbdrone and of course I’m really loving it now that I’ve gotten it configured and set up. However, I have the series Shark Week that I cannot get the program to recognize the episodes at all. They were seen just fine in SB and I’ve triple checked to make sure the names match up with the tvdb.com. Tried refreshing the series multiple times but it will not see them. What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure how to create indented sub-lists so here’s my parent - child folder structure, which is the same for all of my TV shows.

Folder: Shark Week
Folder: 2014 (also have other year folders)
Video file: 2014x02 [WEBDL-480p].mp4

Based on what I see here it looks okay. At this point it would be helpful to see some [debug logs] (https://github.com/NzbDrone/NzbDrone/wiki/Log-Files)

• Enable debug logs
  • clear log files
  • rescan the Shark Week series from the details page
  • Pastebin the log files

This should show which files drone tried to process and why it failed to import them.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. It looks like it’s trying to parse the string in the file name into season and episode. Shark Week is unique in that the seasons are listed as the year for them instead of season numbers so they’re supposed to be 2014x01 instead of S20E01 as it seems Nzbdrone is wanting.

http://pastebin.com/74MWuM99

EDIT: I tried a test and renamed one episode from 2014x02 to S2014E02 and it didn’t make a difference.

Thanks @Jasonbm76 found the issue and pushed a fix to develop, its a combination of the lack of series title in the file name and the 4 digit season number. Its fixed in 2.0.0.1832+

1 Like

Oh fantastic thank you @markus101 ! Do most people use the series name in the title? I had that but some of them were so long that the file names were giving trouble being too long of a path for Windows.

I personally do, but I know others don’t. Its a personal preference, not sure which is most common.