Can't access Sonarr on a networked computer

Hi all,

I used to be able to access Sonarr on my desktop computer, but now when I go to access it (http://10.0.0.6:8989/), I get this error message:

This site can’t be reached

10.0.0.6 took too long to respond.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Is that internal IP still correct? Could of changed perhaps?

Yep, still the same internal IP. It’s the static IP set for my HTPC.

Is Sonarr running still?
Check the logs for any errors, check the firewall, without the information requested when you opened this thread we can’t really provide much assistance and in a case such as this that information may not be of use, but its still important.

Yep, Sonarr is running 24/7 on my HTPC. Nothing has changed with the firewall from when it worked, but I double checked to be sure, and all is good.

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.4146
OS: Sonarr is on Windows 8.1, the computer I am trying to connect to Sonarr with is Windows 10 (it worked before without issue)
((Debug logs)) (posted to hastebin or similar): http://hastebin.com/iwujojefiv.tex
Description of issue: Using Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, I cannot connect to Sonarr with a computer on the same network

Thanks!

Those logs are days old (you need to enable debug logging).

Check the firewall on that machine and make sure the network connection is the correct type. Sonarr will only open the firewall automatically for private networks, not public or domain, you can do that manually if you wish.

1 Like

I had a look in the Windows Firewall, and scrolled down to NzbDrone, and it was only checked for Private, not Public. After allowing it on a Public network, I was able to connect to Sonarr on my networked computer without issue.

I’ll have to see what went wonky with my network and what changed, because I didn’t change anything myself - wondering if my network somehow reset and the first person to turn on the computer picked a different setting or something.

Regardless, my issue is solved and I thank you for the help!

Edit: I figured out the problem (just in case someone searches the forums and has a similar issue). Someone had changed a network setting on my HTPC (running W 8.1) and it changed my network from Private to Public. I fixed it by going to PC Settings > Network > Click on your Network > Set “Find devices and content” to the On position. I then changed my Firewall rules back to normal.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.