Can't access Sonarr from Remote Computer

I’ve noticed that quite a few users have had issues remotely accessing Sonarr. I’m in the same boat, when I try to access the web interface from another computer I receive the time out error. I’ve tried all the solutions I’ve found on the forums so far, and none have panned out.

I’m running Sonarr 2.0.0.3004 and Windows 7.
I both installed Sonarr as an administrator and run nzbdrone.exe as an administrator.
There’s a rule permitting nzbdrone.exe in windows firewall, I assume the installer put that there.
The connection is private, so the firewall is running the private profile.
I can’t access remotely even with the firewall turned completely off.

Sonarr is running on port 9001, I can access it using localhost:9001 from the local computer just fine.
I’ve set my router to forward port 9001.
I ran the open port check tool here www.canyouseeme.org/. It said 9001 was accessible.
I tried changing the bind address in Sonarr from * to 192.168.1.100 (the local computer’s static ip), but no dice.
Couchpotato is accessible remotely from port 5050, but I also cannot access Sabnzbd on port 8085.

The fact that Sabnzbd also doesn’t connect remotely makes me think that there’s a setting outside Sonarr that I’ve misconfigured. But given that the port is open and it doesn’t work even with the firewall off, I cannot for the life of me think what else to try.

Any ideas? Please? I’m so confused…

This might be the issue. I’m not sure how it works within Windows but it might only allow listening on that IP (not another IP even if it maps to the same via NAT).

Also check the firewall, make sure the port is opened for the correct firewall profile, Sonarr only tries to open it for Private connections, not Domain or Public.

So I figured it out. I was attempting to access Sonarr from my computer at work. When I attempted to connect from anther internet connection, it worked. Seems my corporate network was blocking the specific ports I was trying to use

I’m having the same issue, but i’ve also tried accessing from my phone too. I changed Sonarr’s port from 8989 to 8081 - I know my work doesn’t block the ports, I was able to access Sickbeard via 8081 this morning before took it down and swapped over to Sonarr completely. My freedns is working properly as i can access Sabnzbd and CouchPotato. The ports are all forwarded properly on my router…racking my brain…

any help is appreciated, thanks!
Jason.

Check the firewall on the system, it might not be open.