Cannot update using UI in Sonarr V3

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.1.364
Debug logs: https://pastebin.com/JYCFKXMN
Description of issue: For the last 2 updates, I have not been able to update via the UI. That means the auto-updates, or when I go into System > Updates and try to run the updater manually. For the last update (to 3.0.0.1.364), I just manually downloaded the latest V3 release, and the installer upgraded my install fine. Still no luck this time with the UI update though.

I think this started when I noticed I was no longer receiving updates a few weeks ago, but there was a release on 1/21/19 (version 3.0.1.363). I grabbed the latest release manually and used the installer rather than just shifting the branch to phantom-develop which happened to be the main issue. I am not sure if using that installer broke something? I have shifted branch to phantom-develop since then.

Seeing the same on 2012r2 - failure to update from 3.0.1.367 to 3.0.1.368

19-2-8 12:24:51.7|Info|InstallUpdateService|Preparing client
19-2-8 12:24:51.7|Error|CommandExecutor|Error occurred while executing task ApplicationUpdate

[v3.0.1.363] System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.MoveFolder(String source, String destination) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskProviderBase.cs:line 235
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TransferFolder(String sourcePath, String targetPath, TransferMode mode, DiskTransferVerificationMode verificationMode) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:line 70
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskTransferService.TransferFolder(String sourcePath, String targetPath, TransferMode mode, Boolean verified) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Common\Disk\DiskTransferService.cs:line 51
at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.InstallUpdate(UpdatePackage updatePackage) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Update\InstallUpdateService.cs:line 138
at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.Execute(ApplicationUpdateCommand message) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Update\InstallUpdateService.cs:line 236
at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommand[TCommand](TCommand command, CommandModel commandModel) in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Messaging\Commands\CommandExecutor.cs:line 95
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , CommandExecutor , Object , CommandModel )
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid3[T0,T1,T2](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , CommandExecutor , Object , CommandModel )
at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommands() in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Core\Messaging\Commands\CommandExecutor.cs:line 41

There was an bug that affected the updater, you’ll need to manually update.

I’m now using 3.0.1.374 and have had to manually update the last few versions.
Is the auto-updater still broke? I have update branch set as phantom.

Also, why when you go to System>Updates does the latest version show as 3.0.0.348? I completely removed Sonarr 3.0.1.371 and did a clean install of 3.0.1.374 but am still seeing 3.0.0.348 as the latest version.

Thank you.

You need to switch your branch to phantom-develop to see the latest releases for that branch.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.