Cannot move files

I just updated from a perfectly working version to the latest and sonarr is unable to move files out of the download directory and into the storage directory (nas)

Hopefully this is an easy fix but I cant figure it out.

My permissions are wide open due to the quirks of NFS.

Something to do with hardlinks perhaps?

Sonarr version (exact version):

Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows):

Linux Mint 18.3

Debug logs:

https://pastebin.com/mSEUwt0r

Description of issue:
Sonarr is not able to move files or do any media management. The debug log indicates that there is some sort of permissions issue but I cannot see what that might be. I can see sonarr trying and trying to copy files from the source to the destination but they never complete writing. The file size counts up and up until it is finshed and then fails.

Destination directory example
drwxrwxrwx 2 1024 users 4096 Jan 19 23:45 Season.1

$ groups sonarr
sonarr : sonarr users matt

I added sonarr to ‘users’ and then ‘matt’ myself in an attempt to get this working but no joy.

Mono.Unix.UnixIOException: Operation not permitted [EPERM].

— End of inner exception stack trace —
at Mono.Unix.UnixMarshal.ThrowExceptionForLastError () [0x00005] in :0
at Mono.Unix.UnixMarshal.ThrowExceptionForLastErrorIf (System.Int32 retval) [0x00004] in :0
at Mono.Unix.UnixFileSystemInfo.CreateLink (System.String path) [0x0000c] in :0
at NzbDrone.Mono.Disk.DiskProvider.TryCreateHardLink (System.String source, System.String destination) [0x00013] in M:\BuildAgent\work\63739567f01dbcc2\src\NzbDrone.Mono\Disk\DiskProvider.cs:182

My setup
I have a server that mounts some NAS using NFSv3 but there is no authentication and the permissions are 777 because I use a netmask to restrict access.

The NAS is simply mounted via fstab

nas03:/volume1/store    /media/matt/nas03    nfs _netdev,auto,users, 0 0

The directory permissions are 777

The file permissions are

-rw-r--r-- 1 1024 users 1872441465 

The older version of Sonarr (2) worked fine, no problems and radarr continues to works with no problems. I have however updated mono (with some difficulty) so it could be somethign to so with that.

Alright, I have resolved this and perhaps this will help somebody else looking for a solution.

I had to change the directory and file permissions on the source / download directory as these are preserved as the files are copied across to their destination by sonarr (mono).

chmod -R 765 /download_directory

I have told SabNZB (my download client) to create the files with 765 permissions. NOw when Sonar (mono) does the copy, the files are coming across with 765 permissions instead of 740 which seems to be working.

I have no idea why this was not necessary in the years leading up to now but who cares, its working now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.