Cannot automatically delete 720p when upgrading (organizing) to 1080p

Sonarr version (exact version): 2.0.0.5225

Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): -

Debug logs:
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
System.IO.Directory.OpenHandle(String path)
System.IO.Directory.SetLastWriteTimeUtc(String path, DateTime lastWriteTimeUtc)

Description of issue: I’ve recently upgraded my computer and moved from Win7 to Win10; well, technically, a reinstall for the OS part.
I kept the settings files for a lot of apps, but somehow I missed the one for Sonarr. No big deal, I got everything back in a working state, apart from one very small thing.

Once in a while, I manually download an episode already downloaded (usually in 720p) in a higher quality (usually 1080p), because it’s not yet available on Usenet usually. I put it in the main folder, do a rescan & then hit organize. When it works, the already downloaded file gets deleted and replaced with a renamed version of the new one.
Now it doesn’t, I have to manually delete the previous file before the new one can get imported properly (well Sonarr knows it’s there but the actual operation isn’t being done).

I thought this was related to the quality profile, but I found an error in the logs (pasted above, don’t know if that’s enough). It seems Sonarr cannot access the file because it’s in use. Which is not because I can simply delete it myself without any issue or Windows prompt.

What am I missing?

If there are multiple files in the series Folder Sonarr won’t remove them, in that scenario using Manual Import to import the file would be the best, it’d do a proper upgrade and delete the old file.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.