Can Sonarr simply move, rename and index without a Download Client?

Sonarr version (exact version): 3.0.5.1144
Mono version (if Sonarr is not running on Windows): 5.20.1.34

Description of issue:
Hello, this is my first post here, and have tried to search for similar threads in here, reddit and anything else google threw up, but couldn’t really find an exact example or scenario that meets mine. Apologies if I have clearly missed an article or FAQ.

The best I could find was the mention of something like “If Sonarr doesn’t know about the TV Ep before and handles the interactions with the Download Client it cannot do what is required to move and rename the downloaded files from a directory that isn’t linked to the known download client”.
On the Wiki I found this under Downloads and Importing “Sonarr needs to be able to communicate with your download client and have access to the files it downloads.”

I thought I might be able to add a Remote Path Mapping, with out a Download Client being configured, but it wont let me fill in a host;
Whether this does what im thinking at does or not, but seems impossible to type or click a drop down on the host field

All I would like is for Sonarr to;

• Watch a directory that downloaded tv eps get dropped into;
  • Recognise the files and file names using the indexes I have configured in Sonarr;
  • Rename to the Standard Episode Formats I have configured then;
  • Move them into the TV Show directories that I have imported into Sonarr of which it has picked up and indexed nicely.

To make it simple, I believe it shouldn’t matter how the TV Eps are obtained, rather it is simply a standard .mkv or .avi …etc with a filename that if searched in one of the Indexers is found and then the magic happens to rename and move it automatically into the nicely organised “TV Eps” directory.
This would all be done on my Synology NAS on the same storage Volume, but different directories … e.g
Files are manually moved in here, after being downloaded and watched - \NASBox\downloads_Watched_TV_Eps
File get managed by Sonarr to be renamed & moved into appropriate folders in \NASBox\Media\TV Shows

SickBeard used to do this for me, but I’ve since gone to DSM 7 (from DSM 6) on Synology and CBF with docker, would rather a native app instead. SickBeard is not a DSM 7 certified app, only DSM 6.

Appreciate your thoughts, help, advice, alternatives.
Regards

I think what you’re looking for here is a blackhole. Or that’s as close as you’ll get anyway. Best you can do is try it out and see if it works for you.

Thank you, this does exactly what I want!
Configured and working now.
Much appreciated.

Kind Regards

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.