Badly matched anime titles

Sonarr version (exact version):
Winodows 11
Debug logs:
Description of issue:

I’m using Sonarr since years, but this is the first time i setup another istance to manage my huge anime library.

I’m in the process of importing all my anime library, already organized by hand in the classic folder structure (anime title\season x\ep yy (or ep SxxEyy as often as possible).

I’m noticing a really bad matching from folder name to THETVDB serie.
For example:

“Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu” has a proposed show of “6-jikan Go ni Kimi wa Shinu (2008)”
now, if i search “Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu” on THETVDB, the only result is “The Vampire Dies in No Time”, that is the correct show to be matched. But that one isn’t ever in the list of alternative proposed result. So i have to write “The Vampire Dies in No Time” in the search box, to have it showing.

And that happens for a lot of shows:

“Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka” propose “Magical Girl Raising Project (2016)” instead of “Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka”, the only result.

“Mahoutsukai Reimeiki” propose “The Ancient Magus’ Bride (2017)” Instead of “The Dawn of the Witch (2022)”

“Maiko-san Chi no Makanai-san” propose “Today’s Menu for the Emiya Family (2017)” instead of “Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House”

“Kuma Miko” propose “Destiny of the Shrine Maiden (2004)” instead of “Kumamiko - Girl Meets Bear”

Checking every single title for 1400 anime is really tiring and time consuming…

Logs that forum post template asks for…?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.