Bad Request (The 'Name'='LTD.Intel Corporate synology' part of the cookie is invalid.)

Hi all,

I just made the switch yesterday from Sickbeard (as it’s not being updated anymore) to Sonarr. And I must say: excellent work. Seems to work much, much better. A feature I really adore is when an episode is not downloaded (deleted or just gone) it will retry a different source. This really makes better.

I only got one issue which I cannot solve. No clue why it’s not working.

I access my Synology, on which Sonarr is installed, mainly through a Dynamic DNS (afraid.org) with my own domainname. This always worked without issues for anything I installed on my Synology. All my main applications I use worked with that; sabnzbd, couchpotato and sickbeard (not using that anymore). Also I access my Synology through it without issues and even my home router.

Except for Sonarr. When I use my URL to access Sonarr I get the following error:
Bad Request (The ‘Name’=‘LTD.xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xxIntel Corporatexx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xxsynology’ part of the cookie is invalid.)

If I lookup my IP (which changes often) and when I try to access it through my IP on the default port it works.
I have no clue why Sonarr is the only application, which I use, doesn’t work through the Dynamic DNS service.

Can someone explain how to fix this?
I don’t know if this is helpful, but I didn’t change the bind address, which still reads *

Sonarr version: 2.0.0.4146
Mono version: 4.2.2.30-7 (according to Synology)

Is there anything in the Sonarr logs?
Does it happen in all browsers?

Thats fine, it doesn’t need to be changed.

I’ve just had a similar thing happen to me, and I’ve had sonarr running happily for months.

Bad Request (The ‘Name’=‘Inc. <mac address>Nest Labs Inc. <mac address>Azurewave Technologies’ part of the cookie is invalid.)

It’s like it’s somehow referring to a couple of other devices on my home network (a Nest and Chromecast - the mac addresses I left out above match ones on my network).

The error only shows on my android mobile though, desktop chrome is fine. I’ve checked the sonarr logs with trace/debug on and nothing’s showing there, I don’t think it’s getting as far as sonarr.

I’m running sonarr behind nginx reverse proxy. Can’t see anything in the nginx logs either though. It looks like the request isn’t even making it out of the browser somehow. I’ve tried clearing cache/cookies and restarting the phone and sonarr, no change.

Spoke too soon - now it’s happening on desktop chrome as well. At least I can see what’s happening a bit better there …

‘ouiClientList’ cookie had a value that looked like the error message - deleting that cookie alone allowed sonarr to work again. The cookie is being set by my Asus router which is accessed via the same domain name using a DDNS. If I load the router UI after deleting that cookie, the cookie is set again and sonarr stops working.

So, the problem’s being caused by the router, but I run other apps (like HHawk) on the same domain and none of the others are affected.

Without seeing logs from Sonarr we can’t investigate where its coming from but a bad cookie being parsed seems likely, but knowing where that is happening is crucial.

Sorry, wasn’t around during the weekend. I checked my Sonarr logs, but nothing is mentioned in there. I tried refreshing the page with the “Bad request”, but nothing appears in the logs.

I also checked Mono, but I couldn’t find any logs related to it.

Maybe change the bind address to the fixed IP I use to access Sonarr / Synology, would help?
…no clue though, just guessing here.

Also I checked the router logs, same thing there, nothing is being mentioned in there.
Finally, I checked the Synology logs and again the same thing; nothing mentioned in there. :frowning:

It’s weird; every other application I have installed on my Synology works through the Dynamic DNS I use. No problems whatsoever, only with Sonarr I get that ‘Bad request…etc.’ message.

I am gonna change the port and see what happens. Was planning to do that anyways, but I doubt it will make a difference anyways.

Regards

Try adding this to your “server” section in nginx:

ignore_invalid_headers off;

1 Like

That seems to have done the trick for me, thanks!

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but what does that actually do to help?

It controls whether or not to pass on invalid HTTP headers. By default if it sees an invalid one, it stops them. This just lets them on through without parsing basically. It sounds like something is putting an invalid header response in and causing issues. I’m guessing the synology as I don’t have this setting on my nginx at my home CentOS server and it’s working fine.

Based on this: http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_core_module.html#ignore_invalid_headers, I’d say the ‘=’ or the ‘.’ in the title is the invalid header part.

Awesome this fixes the issue indeed. Tried it a few times and it works.
Though it’s strange only Sonarr has issues with this and no other application. Oh well. Fixed now. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.