Backup options REvisited

First, The program is great and has functioned for me for a long long time.
Once I got around the little quirks of the program, It worked fine. Also learned a few tricks to keep from falling apart.

The issue I see and you can address it any way you want because it your show.

First. The backup routine works great. The many times I had to restore worked flawlessly unless there was an update involved. The reason for the post is this.

Can you make the backup and restore a 2 phase condition?

The files that are saved is the config file. Don’t see much there to mess up and a database file.
These I know contain a snapshot of the last complete config of SONARR.

Would it be possible to separate the backup to save all of the configs in the config file with nothing, I mean nothing in the database file. This would allow all users to keep a copy of all the settings, indexers, and download clients in one file. This would also allow us to start a fresh database without redoing everything.

There is one problem I have found that I am going to include as it creates a database of the programs and its location. After some point in time, the system stops checking for the presence of all the files on the drives. It updates the database and works as advertised. If a series is moved off of the monitored drives, it still shows the series and that it was scanned properly. When you go into the settings of the series you find the old directory listing there. I know that is not right because the directory didn’t exist. If you copy the link and try to goto it, it says the file has been moved. What I am saying is, Sonarr acts like the file is still there and will try to fill in the missing episodes but hang because the file path does not exist.

I am not going to send my files or my logs so don’t ask. The program works, I am happy. Just a suggestion to make things go faster.

The database file contains most of the settings, the only settings in the config file are there so they can be read before the database is loaded.

We have no plans to do this.

If the directory doesn’t exist Sonarr doesn’t remove the series and it will not scan the folder (if you look at the logs Sonarr logs that it is missing). Sonarr won’t mark all the files as missing if the series folder or the root folder is missing/empty because it doesn’t know why it is missing and could be a disconnected network or USB drive. We have no immediate plans to change this behaviour.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.